What's new

Tammy and the Bachelor (1957)- coming from Universal 11/6/2018 (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JHJV5Y1/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1540321244&sr=8-6&keywords=Universal+Mod+[blu-ray]

h2l5RTD.jpg

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Would it have killed Universal to have given us the two Sandra Dee Tammy movies too in one collection? No, they're not as good but still. Definitely will be picking this one up.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
I cannot wait for this. Absolutely LOVE Debbie Reynolds - hit song, and Oscar-nominated performance. She was an effervescent talent, angelic on the surface, with just a bit of playful petty larceny lurking beneath the surface. Always good and very, VERY heartwarming. Again, cannot wait for this! Thank you Universal.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I cannot wait for this. Absolutely LOVE Debbie Reynolds - hit song, and Oscar-nominated performance. She was an effervescent talent, angelic on the surface, with just a bit of playful petty larceny lurking beneath the surface. Always good and very, VERY heartwarming. Again, cannot wait for this! Thank you Universal.

Reynolds sole Oscar nomination was not for Tammy And The Bachelor but The Unsinkable Molly Brown. Perhaps that's what you meant to say but it reads like she was nominated for Tammy.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Reynolds sole Oscar nomination was not for Tammy And The Bachelor but The Unsinkable Molly Brown. Perhaps that's what you meant to say but it reads like she was nominated for Tammy.

Yes, that's what I meant. Have to admit, though, she was robbed for not even getting the nod here. Also, for The Catered Affair, and, The Pleasure of His Company. Aside: sure wish either of these latter two would find their way to Blu too.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Yes, that's what I meant. Have to admit, though, she was robbed for not even getting the nod here. Also, for The Catered Affair, and, The Pleasure of His Company. Aside: sure wish either of these latter two would find their way to Blu too.

Agreed on The Catered Affair. A lovely performance. But she did win the NBR (National Board Of Review) award for best supporting actress for Catered Affair. But she was truly and shockingly robbed when she wasn't nominated for Mother (1996)! She received rave reviews for her performance and everybody expected a nom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks