What's new

Dan August – The Complete Collection (1 Viewer)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
VEI continues to pump out the CBS releases, another one has been announced for December- Dan August: The Complete Collection will be released on December 7.
Not familiar with this but I am sure the forum regulars will know it. Its a 70s detective series starring the late Burt Reynolds, that lasted for only 27 episodes.
Dan_August_360x.png

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
VEI continues to pump out the CBS releases, another one has been announced for December- Dan August: The Complete Collection will be released on December 7.

Not familiar with this but I am sure the forum regulars will know it. Its a 70s detective series starring the late Burt Reynolds, that lasted for only 27 episodes.

Dan_August_360x.png

Excellent news! More QM series for 2019!

QM Trio
The New Breed
12 O'Clock High
Dan August

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
DAN AUGUST was shown uncut on GetTV last year. So this release should be uncut too.
danaugust.jpg

danaugust%20-%209-12-70%20(1).jpg

danaugustreview.jpg

40cfb88c20f226d63e4aab11d17dc438.jpg

The DAN AUGUST pilot was an ABC SUNDAY NIGHT MOVIE, Jan. 1970, showing, and starred Christopher George and Keenan Wynn, with a slew of guest stars, notably, Janet Leigh. The movie's time-slot was pushed back to a later starting time because of Leigh's controversial character, and the blood spattered crime scene, which was unusual for 1970 TV. Tame by today's TV. (Note, the current COZI commercials making fun of the teaspoons of blood on MURDER SHE WROTE.) Hope they have a nice print of the DAN AUGUST pilot as the version on YouTube is not very good.
s857550832498008597_p627_i7_w720.jpg

house_on_greenapple_road janet.jpg

Chris George had three TV Movies in the running for a series in 1969-70. He passed on DAN AUGUST, 1970-71 and chose THE IMMORTAL, 1970-71. The third was called ESCAPE and was shown in April 1971.

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Thanks for the info, Bob! I'm happy to see that they're including the pilot movie in this set, and like you, hope it's in at least decent quality. Despite Mr. Amory's reservations above, I'm excited for this release and look forward to checking this series out soon.

images

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Burt's leaps were epic, Jeff, and the slide down the church aisle....is that even possible!

Just for the main titles, I will order that set.
The theme music by Dave Grusin is powerful!
Grusin used to write the theme music for It Takes a Thief, The Name of the Game and Columbo's first pilot Prescription Murder.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Just for the main titles, I will order that set.
The theme music by Dave Grusin is powerful!
Grusin used to write the theme music for It Takes a Thief, The Name of the Game and Columbo's first pilot Prescription Murder.

I'll say it is-- quite catchy, too!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'm not in a big hurry to pick this up as I recorded them all uncut and perfect quality on GET-TV.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Burt's leaps were epic, Jeff, and the slide down the church aisle....is that even possible!

Quite a nice guest cast in the episode linked to above - Vic Morrow, Andrew Prine, Linda Marsh, Joan Van Ark, Joe De Santis. Good stuff! Now we need to get Burt's earlier series Hawk out on DVD. It helps that I like 70s cop shows a lot, but I'd be happy to see this release even if I didn't, as it's always good news to see an older show still come out on disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks