What's new

Yamaha RX-V340RDS shuts off (1 Viewer)

sonicapogee

Auditioning
Real Name
George
hi

I have this problem for quite long time now.I am using this amp with Event's 20/20 passive near field monitors.Nominal impedance of speaker is 4ohms.The amp sometimes refuses to turn on and immediately shuts off.But on some other cares ,more rare, it does works ok.When it does it might work for 60-90 minutes then turn off.
I have this problem from August and the hotter days the problem was really bad .Now the room is colder problem is a bit more rare.
it appears temperature affect the damn thing but im not sure.

I just called service and they adviced to disconnect the speakers and for the moment the amp is on and using headphones with it.its on about 90minutes now.
Could it be a speaker cable problem ? I do not have a multimeter to check it.My speaker cables are very thick though.I think these are of decent quality.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Based on it's specs I would doubt this receiver is adequate for 4 ohm speakers and thus the constant over current condition that is likely causing it to shut off.

sonicapogee

Auditioning
Real Name
George
Based on it's specs I would doubt this receiver is adequate for 4 ohm speakers and thus the constant over current condition that is likely causing it to shut off.
hi John thanks for reply

I've been using this amp with these Events for long timewithout any issues
UPDATE I have replaced the speaker cables ,so far it didnt shut off.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Possibly a short of some sort? In any case, hope the problem is solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks