What's new

Jesus Christ Superstar audio mixes (1 Viewer)

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
I was working on this film at Pinewood Studios in 1972/3 during post production.
This film had two stereo mixes. Both were 4-track stereo format (LCRS). Gordon K. McCallum, Theater Two's resident mixer (where all Pinewood's stereo mixes were created) was on vacation. Keith Grant, a well-known British popular music mixer stood in for him. When McCallum returned he reviewed the mix done on his stage and was dissatisfied. He completely re-mixed the film. Presumably both mixes were returned to Universal.
The home video version is a two-track mix-down of which mix I have no idea.
I contacted Universal about this and, up to several months ago, they could not trace any 4-track stereo material in their inventory. Hopefully if they are found, they will both be properly identified and that the McCallum mix, which I recall preferring, will be presented sometime in the future in its proper discrete format.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
My Brother ran this in 70mm at the Plaza in London and remembers the 6- track mag was really great.

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks