HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

SVS Announces 3000 Series Subwoofers
pb-3000-additionalphoto-landing.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
96D437FB-1F01-4C2D-8BBE-27F97457AB5D.jpeg
Review under way! Anything you’d like to know about the SB-3000 or the Prime Wireless setup?

I’ll be testing these first as a 2.1 streaming music setup then plugging it in to my 5.1.2 theater setup as a replacement sub.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
You DO realize you are missing a couple important things in that picture, dontcha, Sam?!?

full

We like to think of 'em as a couple extra woofers! :D

I barely had time to bring em in before leaving for NJ. I’m sure the cats will have established dominance with the boxes when I get home :)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Looking forward to the review as I am "considering" replacements for my aging [but still bullet proof] PB12 Plus/2. What are the substantial differences between this model and the 4000 series? If and when I do replace my sub I would probably go dual. Would these be overkill for my 3150 Cu FT room?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
@John Dirk , we’re in the same boat, with the same sub, and I’m pretty sure I’d go dual driver PSA rather than dual subs.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Looking forward to the review as I am "considering" replacements for my aging [but still bullet proof] PB12 Plus/2. What are the substantial differences between this model and the 4000 series? If and when I do replace my sub I would probably go dual. Would these be overkill for my 3150 Cu FT room?

I have the same sub and was wondering how the current SVS models compare, including this new 3000 series. I want to upgrade my low end next year and not sure if I can add to what I have, or if I'd be better off with a new unit, or dual new units.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
@John Dirk , we’re in the same boat, with the same sub, and I’m pretty sure I’d go dual driver PSA rather than dual subs.

I wasn't aware of the dual driver option but I took a quick look. What are the pros and cons?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
No cylinder in the lineup?

I'm quite the dinosaur when it comes to HT speakers: researched the hell out of them 17 years ago when I was about to get married and we were setting up home. While TVs, disc players and receivers have all been upgraded a number of times, I've had the same speakers ever since -- including my trusty old 25-31PCi... never even got around to installing the upgraded driver for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks