What's new

Roy Clark passes on @ 85... (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I bought one of his record albums a year or so ago from a sale some ladies have several time each at the library. glad to get that, he's pickin and grinnin on the cover! lol

I remember watching Keeping up Appearence early on and it said the show was his. lol I scratched my head on that one a while... that roy is still around.

and lets have a tune

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Sad to hear. I remember he was also famous for his delicious popcorn recipe. RIP, Roy.

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Back in the day, if you grew up during the 70's, you knew who Roy Clark was. Country music was the only type of music my parents let me and my brother listen to. Hee Haw was a favorite program watched by my family and Roy Clark and Buck Owens were one of the best televised duos along with Laurel and Hardy and Abbott and Costello. He'll surely be missed. He was truly one of the great ones, one of the bes6t performers in the country music scene. Rest in Peace, Roy. Your music will live on. I still watch Hee Haw clips on youtube ... he truly is one of the great ones.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
As a kid growing up in the 70s, I was no fan of Hee Haw, a show my parents watched and I barely tolerated. But even then, I found Roy Clark a grinning, amiable presence. Recently I've rediscovered his music and have grown into a fan. He was quite a talent, a great voice and one mean banjo picker. R.I.P.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Remember when Roy appeared on Vega$, even though his face wasn't seen? This is a shot from the title sequence of that 1978-81 ABC detective series (w/the late Robert Urich) in which his name appears on the big sign in front of the Desert Inn in Las Vegas (captured from CBS DVD all-in-one)-- didn't know if you recalled:

royclarkdesertinnvegasintro.jpg

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Would it be in bad taste to admit my first memories of him are in Hunt's ketchup commercials?

At the height of his Hee Haw fame, he sang "Yesterday When I Was Young" on The Muppet Show:

Rest in peace.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
There's no denying the man's talent but I never watched Hee Haw since I wasn't into country music (although during channel surfing, I would pause on the Hee Haw honeys). R.I.P. Roy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks