What's new

Bird Box (2018)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Title: Bird Box (2018)

Tagline: Never Lose Sight Of Survival

Genre: Thriller, Drama, Science Fiction, Horror

Director: Susanne Bier

Cast: Sandra Bullock, Trevante Rhodes, John Malkovich, Sarah Paulson, Jacki Weaver, Rosa Salazar, Danielle Macdonald, LilRel Howery, Tom Hollander, Machine Gun Kelly, BD Wong, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Vivien Lyra Blair, Julian Edwards, Parminder Nagra, Rebecca Pidgeon, Amy Gumenick, Taylor Handley, Happy Anderson, Kyle Beatty, Ashley Alvarado, David Dastmalchian, Keith Jardine, Kristopher Logan, Shirley Butler, Chanon Finley, Frank Mottek, Danny Max, Debra Mark

Release: 2018-11-12

Plot: A woman and a pair of children are blindfolded and make their way through a post-apocalyptic setting along a river.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Looks interesting. So we have this film where you must cover your eyes and can't see, we had A Quiet Place where you must not speak...so to complete the trilogy will somebody be making a film where you must not hear the evil?

No evil.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I can understand the "no sound" thing of A Quiet Place, but this "no sight" thing just sounds dumb.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Back from a screening of Bird Box. Wow! What an intense and visceral experience. It grabs you right from the first frame and doesn't stop squeezing until the very end. The acting is excellent, there's a suitably intense score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross and the direction by Susanne Bier keeps thing rushing along with hardly a moment to catch your breath. A little mushy toward the end but just a little and not enough to spoil the roller coaster ride.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just finished watching this in 4K/Dolby Vision and Atmos on Netflix. Looked and sounded terrific.

Really enjoyed it. Good acting, great atmosphere and a good story even tho a bit derivative. More akin to The Happening (but much better) than it is to A Quiet Place.

I’m a sucker for these kind of films anyway so ymmv.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Very solid adaptation of an excellent book.

Suffers in comparison to A Quiet Place - which is my favorite movie of 2018.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Sandra Bullock’s Bird Box Was Watched by 45 Million Accounts in Its First 7 Days

Viewers spent their holidays on the edge of their couches, if the numbers Netflix has released are anything to go by. The streaming giant — which famously never releases viewership data — tweeted the film was watched by over 45 million accounts in the first seven days following its release.

https://people.com/movies/sandra-bullock-bird-box-watched-45-million-accounts/

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Ugh! I want those 2 hours back. What a waste. The Happening with better acting but poorer visuals. Nothing like watching people commit suicide for 2 hours. :rolleyes:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
My wife and I watched it last night and LOVED it. It was WAY better than The Happening (which was god-awful). We felt shades of some of the better elements of The Walking Dead too. I definitely like it better than A Quiet Place. Not to knock AQP, it was very good, but that one felt like a "movie" being acted by actors while this was a much more visceral experience. As far as this kind of post-apocalyptic genre, only The Road with Viggo Mortensen may still be better.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks