HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

Dolby Releases First Ever Residential Product: The $599 Dolby Dimension
Dolby-4-1024x769.png

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I have great respect for Dolby compared to other brands I won't mention [Bose] but these are currently probably priced too high for serious market penetration. My Sony WH-H900's are no slouch and are a fraction of the price. Would love to learn these are so amazing as to warrant this. Anxious for that review @Sam Posten!

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I have great respect for Dolby compared to other brands I won't mention [Bose] but these are currently probably priced too high for serious market penetration. My Sony WH-H900's are no slouch and are a fraction of the price. Would love to learn these are so amazing as to warrant this. Anxious for that review @Sam Posten!
When it comes to Active Noise Cancelling headphones, Bose deserves to be mentioned. :) They’ve been the market leaders and making the top quality products for years in this niche.

There are also good competitors — it seems Sony has taken the lead for over-the-ear ANC headphones recently.

If Dolby is going to compete for ANC headphones, it will be interesting to see how they compare in features, performance and price against Bose and Sony and a few other lesser known brands.

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
When it comes to Active Noise Cancelling headphones, Bose deserves to be mentioned. :) They’ve been the market leaders and making the top quality products for years in this niche.

True. I was thinking in a more general sense when I wrote the relevant post. Thanks for the course correction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks