What's new

All Is True (2018)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Title: All is True (2018)

Genre: Drama

Director: Kenneth Branagh

Cast: Kenneth Branagh, Judi Dench, Ian McKellen, Kathryn Wilder, Jack Colgrave Hirst, Matt Jessup, Lydia Wilson, Alex MacQueen, Hadley Fraser

Release: 2018-12-21

Plot: A look at the final days in the life of renown playwright William Shakespeare.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The film opens December 21st here in the U.S. and no poster or film trailer yet! I'm seeing it on November 27th.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Okay, back from a screening of It's All True. At the Q&A after the screening, Kenneth Branagh told the audience the film was greenlit early this year, quickly cast and shot in 30 days and we were literally only the third audience to have seen the film! It's opening December 21st for a one week only run in L.A. (and New York I think) in order to qualify for the 2018 Oscars. As to the film itself, it's a solid piece of entertainment and if you're a Shakespeare buff, you'll be in heaven. Branagh and Judi Dench play Mr. and Mrs. Shakespeare and it follows the last 2 or 3 years in Shakespeare's life. Fortunately, it's pretty lively and not stuffy like some Masterpiece Theatre production. I'm sure you already know if this kind of film is your cuppa tea or not by now.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks