What's new

Warner Archive: Horror of Dracula on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another Hammer film which should make many happy around here on HTF!
HORROR OF DRACULA (1958)
NEW 2018 1080p PRESENTATION SOURCED FROM THE HAMMER/BFI RESTORATION
Run Time 82:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 – English
Aspect Ratio ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO – 1.66:1, 16 X 9 WIDESCREEN
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 25
Includes Original UK Theatrical Trailer (HD)
Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, Britain’s premier masters of the macabre, bring the Horror of Dracula to vivid, full-color death in this retelling of Bram Stoker’s spellbinding vampire tale. Dracula (Lee), a centuries-old Transylvanian nobleman damned to an eternal half-life, regularly finds new victims. He also finds Dr. Van Helsing (Cushing), a scientist who becomes the Count’s implacable foe in a deadly game of bat-and-mouse. This is the UK version titled “DRACULA”, and featuring footage previously restored by the British Film Institute and Hammer Films. Warner Archive’s new release...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Will this include the footage acquired from Japan showing the lengthier climatic deterioration? Any news on extras?

In any case...THANKS YOU, WBA. Are you doing similar work on CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Great news. The Region B edition is loaded with extras but the availability is of course key.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
It'll be interesting to see if they've done any additional work on the color since it says "sourced from the Hammer/BFI restoration".

Also - will they leave the climax as-is or work on inserting more of the Japanese footage.

Regardless of anything else, that cover is gorgeous (from the French 1-panel poster).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1.75:1 in the UK, IIRC 1.85:1 USA; no doubt Bob will comment further. In the dim and distant past I seem to recall him running a print at 1.75:1 and declaring it perfect. But I should let him speak for himself.
Thank you for the information.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The information on IMDB is pretty reliable when it comes to new productions, but decidedly hit and miss for vintage ones.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Very Happy ! Finally ! ..I am surprised that they did not use the dvd cover art for this one. I have the UK Bluray Dracula. This should look much Better.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't mind 1:66, I'd rather have a smidge to much headroom than not enough, & I seem to remember that the old Warner DVD had a fault where they cut off the tops of heads. Now to be a wee bit controversial, I don't like the BFI transfer, far too cool for me, so I hope the Archive release has a bit of Hammer colour, otherwise, no sale.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks