What's new

Looking for an opinion on the Outlaw Ultra X12 at $549.00. (1 Viewer)

Vinny Chick

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Kovalchick
Looking to for a sub for my basement HT. L shaped viewing area area 2700 sq/3 and L extension approx another 500/600. I will get the exact Sq/ft and update. Looking at the Ultra X12, HSU VTF3, REL HT/1205, SVS PB-200 or PB12-NSD. At the price point of the Outlaw and PB12, I could purchase 2 now. The others I would have to buy 1 now and another latter. I also could consider the Power Sound Audio S3600i at $999. 1000 is my max anything over that and I will probably end up in divorce court! 95/5 movie to music. Thanks for any advice.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I always recommend one better sub over two lesser ones. So, I would always go that way. I don't know where you're seeing the PSA S3600i for $1K though.

Vinny Chick

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Kovalchick
That's a really good question. I can't even find the thing on the web site. Probably another sub over the last several days I've looked at so many subs.

Vinny Chick

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Kovalchick
I was all set to pull the trigger on 2 PB-12's, but I started to research and got caught up in all other subs recommended by others. I also am intimidated by the prospect of trying to set-up 2 subs. My space is med-large, but I would only need to cover one seating area-me. I thought a larger sub would be easier to set-up.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I just finally ordered the Hsu VTF-3 Mk5 HP myself... though my space is nowhere near as big as yours -- mine will be in my livingroom w/ open (small) eat-in kitchen.where the main area is ~22ft wide x ~15ft deep (along viewing axis)... though I'm hoping to move to a bigger dedicated HT room at some point in the next 2-3 years.

Based solely on specs, I'd think the Hsu VTF-3 would probably do better than say the SVS PB-2000 in a large space, but you can only trust manufacturer specs (or even many reviews) so far. Fortunately, all these makers seem to provide decent in-home trial/return policies in case you're dissatisfied w/ the results, so there's that option to help make sure you end up w/ something that works well for you. And you do seem to have just enough headroom in your budget to do so -- some (or maybe all?) of them don't cover shipping for returns.

For myself, I fully expect the Hsu to satisfy, so I didn't mind their return policy that doesn't cover shipping (and they do currently knock $40 off their price). Otherwise, I might try the SVS first -- I suppose I could try both and return the SVS if it doesn't beat the Hsu.

You might also want to consider the Hsu VTF-15 Mk2 instead given your space -- I probably would've gone for that instead, except it's probably too big to sit anywhere in my livingroom...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks