What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 12-18-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey RoundUppers!

A HUGE week this week. So many big titles coming out. Things really quiet down for the next few weeks.

I know there's gotta be something in this week's listing that Santa can bring for all you good boys and girls! :D

Safe shopping and happy holidays!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike, for all your work!

The House With A Clock In Its Walls was a delightful surprise to me this year. I was not expecting to even see it, since the trailers looked awful, but I went on recommendation and found a completely delightful film. So I'll be adding it to my collection this week. Amazon adjusted the price of the Blu-ray down to $19.96 since you completed the grid, and I think the other editions may have been adjusted down as well, although I'm not certain since I'm not buying those.

I saw Schindler's List for the first time last weekend during its theatrical re-release. Although it was a beautiful, powerful and moving film in every respect, I can't imagine wanting to go through that again with enough frequency to want to own it.

A Simple Favor was fun in theaters and would be a recommended rental for those interested, but I don't feel the need to own it right now.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks once again Mike for the round-up.

Your dedication to this project year after year is AMAZING...

While I can't say that Schindler's List is my favorite it is either the best film (or a close tie with The Color Purple) Steven Spielberg has made and I have it pre-ordered from Amazon

And while I feel Jeff Bridges should have won the AA for Best Actor for Starman ... I'll have to wait for a sale for the newer collectors edition blu-ray

I would like to get 2001 on 4K but will wait for the price to come down

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

I will definitely have at some point all of the first three movies in UHD shown in poster form in your post. Several others will also be added down the road.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since this thread tends to get a lot of eyes and traffic -- I have a beg/request for some help from someone in the Phoenix area (Phoenix/Mesa/Chandler) or Las Vegas who might be able to purchase and ship a couple a Bluray or 2 that are "in-store only" at a local store. I'll even add a few dollars of gas and time if it helps

Please PM if you think you can help.

(THANKS DP)

Last edited:

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
BEST BUY

2001: A Space Odyssey 4K Blu-ray - $24.99
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K Blu-ray Steelbook - $29.99

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Amazon deal of the day: Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy 4k set $26.19

Best Buy: Superman The Movie 4k $19.99 & Matrix Trilogy 4k $42.99

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Heads up to anyone considering Schindler's List: Universal is releasing the film on all three formats with the same "25th Anniversary" banner. Only the 4K UHD Blu-ray has a remastered picture and upgraded Dolby Atmos audio. The Blu-ray and DVD editions are recycling the previous movie-only discs and changing out a new disc of extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks