What's new

The Christmas Chronicles (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Anybody else check this out? It's a quintessential Christmas TV movie in a lot of ways, but it's Netflix so they can afford better actors and much better production values. Kurt Russell stars as Santa.

While definitely still family-friendly, it's quite a bit rougher around the edges than the Hallmark movies, with quite a bit of adult humor slipped in there.

I was over to my parents' house for dinner tonight and we ended up watching it and having a lot of fun.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I had no idea this existed until scrolling through Netflix looking for Springsteen on Broadway. I’m definitely gonna check this out! Kurt Russell in anything and it’s hard to go wrong.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
This was being discussed in one the Christmas show threads and I noted there that we watched it and I didn't like it. I found it to bee to dark and depressing. I didn't care at all for Kurt's version of Santa (dirty and rough talking guy). The acting by the rest of the cast was too cheesy and wooden for my liking. Whole thing was more of a lump of coal.

This one will not be an annual Christmas viewing movie for us.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anybody else check this out? It's a quintessential Christmas TV movie in a lot of ways, but it's Netflix so they can afford better actors and much better production values. Kurt Russell stars as Santa.

While definitely still family-friendly, it's quite a bit rougher around the edges than the Hallmark movies, with quite a bit of adult humor slipped in there.

I was over to my parents' house for dinner tonight and we ended up watching it and having a lot of fun.
We watched this tonight and loved it! Pleasantly surprised with the production values and quality of visual effects, and loved Kurt Russell. Definitely on-par with any major studio production. Would have been great in 3D, especially the first sleigh ride.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This was being discussed in one the Christmas show threads and I noted there that we watched it and I didn't like it. I found it to bee to dark and depressing. I didn't care at all for Kurt's version of Santa (dirty and rough talking guy). The acting by the rest of the cast was too cheesy and wooden for my liking. Whole thing was more of a lump of coal.

This one will not be an annual Christmas viewing movie for us.
Don’t agree with your negative assessment. It was fun for a single viewing but not a Xmas Classic for me so ditto on the last sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks