What's new

International PATHFINDER (1987) - Superb Norwegian Adventure on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
91fgsiADMwL._SX425_.jpg

I unconditionally recommend this film and Blu-ray, although it's kind of a tough find, although it's been around, and I've had it for years. I wanted to make anyone out there aware of its availability. I am linking to an Amazon copy, and it's pricey, but this is one of those films that is so underappreciated and so excellent that I don't think there will be much buyer's remorse if you pick up a copy. 2.20:1, beautiful image, powerful story. Not to be confused with the 2006 remake, which I understand is okay but doesn't hold a candle to this Lap-language release (with English subs).

https://www.amazon.com/Pathfinder-Ofelas-Veiviseren-NON-USA-Blu-Ray/dp/B00IGUHGQC

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
A groundbreaking and unique Norwegian film. It was the first film filmed in the native Sami language (The Sami are Norway's indigenous people, with their own language and culture). Had its 30th anniversary last year. Filmed in 70 mm too - which obviously is of major interest to HTF fans. I work where this was filmed - the northernmost civilisation on our planet. It's the most stunning place on Earth. One of the last frontiers.
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0755.jpg
IMG_0785.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks