What's new

Marantz Firmware Upgrade (1 Viewer)

williammoore

Agent
Real Name
William Moore
Hello. I own a Marantz SR7007 home theatre receiver and last night when I turned it on to watch a movie, it gave me a notification of a firmware upgrade, which I downloaded and installed, without knowing what the upgrade was. I thought it was a little unusual that I would receive a firmware upgrade on such an old receiver, since I purchased this unit in 2013. Might anyone know what this firmware was? Thanks!

williammoore

Agent
Real Name
William Moore
Thanks, but unfortunately that link doesn't tell me what the upgrade is. Also, this new firmware which I downloaded to my receiver last night must be more recent than the one the website shows for last March. I got that one too and was also never told what that one did either. I guess the owner isn't privy to any such information. Any Marantz owners out there who have had the same experience?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Denon / Marantz upgraded receivers and processors released since about 2015 to support Dolby Vision and other 4K features. My Marantz 7702mkII got the upgrade too; it was the last one to get the upgrade I think at the end of October or start of November.

I don't what was put out for the SR7007, which is even older from 2012. It might just be some little bug that was found and fixed as they were updating their older models. If you had the firmware version number, it might be searchable. I've not been able to easily find the firmware details for that model.

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Denon / Marantz upgraded receivers and processors released since about 2015 to support Dolby Vision and other 4K features. My Marantz 7702mkII got the upgrade too; it was the last one to get the upgrade I think at the end of October or start of November.

I don't what was put out for the SR7007, which is even older from 2012. It might just be some little bug that was found and fixed as they were updating their older models. If you had the firmware version number, it might be searchable. I've not been able to easily find the firmware details for that model.
Thanks Dave. I have written to Marantz Tech Support asking what this firmware fixed, but frequently they don't answer, so I'll probably never find out. The last firmware upgrade for the 7007 listed on the Marantz website is from last March. I never found out what that one was either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks