What's new

Warner video streaming pulled from Amazon? (1 Viewer)

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
I was checking out some stuff on Amazon Video today and noticed that everything on my Watchlist that was from Warner is showing “This title is currently unavailable.” Some of the titles I checked were: Auntie Mame, Reflections in a Golden Eye, House of Dark Shadows. They do still show available at iTunes and Vudu. Anyone know what’s up?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I was checking out some stuff on Amazon Video today and noticed that everything on my Watchlist that was from Warner is showing “This title is currently unavailable.” Some of the titles I checked were: Auntie Mame, Reflections in a Golden Eye, House of Dark Shadows. They do still show available at iTunes and Vudu. Anyone know what’s up?
Yeah, I mentioned that a week ago, here, but no one seemed interested in that information.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My first preference is to stream my digital library on iTunes or Vudu first instead of Amazon. I only watch stuff on Amazon that is available on Amazon Prime and that's not available on either of those other two services or stuff I have to pay extra cost to watch on those two services that is already included on Amazon Prime.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
My first preference is to stream my digital library on iTunes or Vudu first instead of Amazon. I only watch stuff on Amazon that is available on Amazon Prime and that's not available on either of those other two services or stuff I have to pay extra cost to watch on those two services that is already included on Amazon Prime.
I generally buy digital titles on iTunes due to the free 4K upgrades, however I will spend my "no-rush rewards $$" to get free Amazon digital content which then populates to iTunes through movies anywhere. It was looking to spend those rewards dollars that I noticed most of the Warner stuff was now unavailable.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I generally buy digital titles on iTunes due to the free 4K upgrades, however I will spend my "no-rush rewards $$" to get free Amazon digital content which then populates to iTunes through movies anywhere. It was looking to spend those rewards dollars that I noticed most of the Warner stuff was now unavailable.
Yeah, I know a few of you guys utilized that "no-rush rewards dollars". I don't because TBH, I'm not a big fan of Amazon Video.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yeah, I know a few of you guys utilized that "no-rush rewards dollars". I don't because TBH, I'm not a big fan of Amazon Video.
I use the "no rush" shipping credits for rentals, not purchases. It's a good way for me to check out a film I haven't seen but don't want to wait for a price drop on the discs. I did this with several Disney / Marvel films, and then picked up the UHD discs around the holidays when they were $15 or less.

Otherwise, I use either iTunes or Vudu for digital streaming purchases and viewing. I use Amazon video mostly for TV shows and original programming, plus the occasional film that shows up for free.

Scott Trevor

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Trevor
And buyer beware: if you purchase to own tv shows on Amazon video you don’t really own it as the distributor can and has pulled the titles at random as they did with Mayberry r f d which I purchased to own and went to watch it and it vanished from my library. I managed to get a full refund back from Amazon but will never purchase to own again( and I have plenty other shows I bought from them). Will only buy dvds like I used to do as you actually own them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks