What's new

Deadly Class (Syfy) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The latest Syfy Original is an adaptation of Rick Remender's Image Comics series of the same name, about a school for teenage assassins hidden in 1987 San Francisco.

Produced by the Russo brothers, this show has the production values of a premium cable series or a streaming original. It's also got some name actors attached: Benedict Wong plays the brutal headmaster of the school. Lana Condor is the female lead, and the leader of the Yakuza contingent within the student body. Liam James is another of the students. María Gabriela de Faría (better known to Latin American audiences) plays the main character's love interest. Henry Rollins appears as the poisons teacher.

I feel like this would have felt fresher and edgier maybe half a decade ago, but there were still enough unexpected twists and turns to get me to tune in again next week.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I found this disappointing. I have no knowledge of the source material, but was expecting something more fun and engaging. Instead it's just the standard teen clique posing and posturing and hooking-up set in a unique school with not a single likeable character to care about.

It's basically another variation on The Magicians, which I also abandoned quickly for similar reasons.

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I really liked this when I watched the first episode preview a few weeks ago, so I’m excited to finally get the second episode next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks