Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Johnny English Strikes Again Blu-ray Review
johnnyenglish3-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Love these films. Considering that the heights of American humor seem to be Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, and the Hangover films, it's not surprising that actual humor goes under-appreciated.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Saw it twice in theatres, which I don't often do much anymore. Not only tops in the franchise but arguably the best picture Blake Edwards never made.

Mike S.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I didn't care much for the first one and almost gave this one a pass - glad I didn't. I think it is better and funnier.
Enjoyable watch.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I didn't care much for the first one and almost gave this one a pass - glad I didn't. I think it is better and funnier.
Enjoyable watch.
What about the second one, Johnny English Reborn?

JE Strikes Again is the third JE film.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Love these films. Considering that the heights of American humor seem to be Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, and the Hangover films, it's not surprising that actual humor goes under-appreciated.

Oh, please. "British humor" delivers bite and cleverness, neither of which is on display in "JESA".

The movie comes with one trite, predictable comedic scenario after another, virtual none of which offer laughs. It's a movie that seems to think it's still 1997 and a Bond spoof is witty and incisive.

Bond has "Q", so it's HILARIOUS to have a similar character named "P"! :rolleyes:

If you think this tripe is funny, more power to you, but claims that somehow this stale, lowest common denominator nonsense is better or more sophisticated than American comedies a ridiculous assertion.

Bad comedy isn't funnier because it's done with a British accent...

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Oh, please. "British humor" delivers bite and cleverness, neither of which is on display in "JESA".

The movie comes with one trite, predictable comedic scenario after another, virtual none of which offer laughs. It's a movie that seems to think it's still 1997 and a Bond spoof is witty and incisive.

Bond has "Q", so it's HILARIOUS to have a similar character named "P"! :rolleyes:

If you think this tripe is funny, more power to you, but claims that somehow this stale, lowest common denominator nonsense is better or more sophisticated than American comedies a ridiculous assertion.

Bad comedy isn't funnier because it's done with a British accent...
Everyone watching this with me was laughing out loud, and often, and thought it was quite entertaining. Comedy is very subjective.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Everyone watching this with me was laughing out loud, and often, and thought it was quite entertaining. Comedy is very subjective.

I agree with that part. I responded to the prior post as a reaction to its arrogant "this film is too smart and sophisticated for Americans" vibe.

Whatever one thinks of "JESA", it's hard to argue it's smart and sophisticated!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks