What's new

VIZIO P-Series Quantum $1,499 at Costco (1 Viewer)

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
The VIZIO P-Series 65″ Quantum is now priced at $1499 at Costco (through Super Bowl, while supplies last, blah, blah, blah…). The sale was started earlier than previously indicated, which predicted a start date of January 24th. VIZIO says “…it’s not just the best TV to watch the Super Bowl, with 192 zones of dimming, Quantum Color and UltraBright 2000, it’s the best TV for watching 4K HDR movies and TV shows with more detailed highlights and better color than competitors, and at a fantastic price.” We covered the latest announced price of $2,100 last July, so $1,499 seems to represent a good saving.
A recent update has enhanced the Dolby Vision support for the P-Series Quantum to take advantage of the display’s UltraBright 2000+ Nit peak brightness. The new firmware will update automatically when you cycle the power, though you can go into the “System” menu and select “Check for Updates” to ensure that the TV has the latest firmware before your next top TV comparison.
VIZIO...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Good to know. This TV is on my shortlist for future upgrade. I’ll have to borrow a friends Costco membership when the time comes.

Chris Strnad

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Food for thought: https://www.businessinsider.com/smart-tv-data-collection-advertising-2019-1

flat,200x200,070,f.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yep. I’ve been reading about that. It seems the data monitoring is opt out. I’ll have to check more carefully before buying.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Hmmm, good point. I assumed it could also spy somehow on the video content fed into it.

I think it’s been previously reported that Smart TVs do exactly that (if you don’t make efforts to turn off the spyware).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Huh. Well, I’m six months from buying, at least. Time to see what develops and what the internet reports about Vizio.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I don't think you will ever find a truly "safe" and private smart TV. So if that's your worry, I'd invest in just a "dumb" 4K set.

On my Roku TV I turn off the mic and advertising stuff.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I don’t understand the whole fear of companies spying on what my smart tv is doing. It’s not like there’s a camera and mic in the tv. If Visio is really that interested in what I’m watching, they’re more than welcome to that info. Besides, our only smart tv is in the bedroom and we don’t use the native apps because they’re absolute garbage. The tv is used 99% for dish network and 1% for tv, as opposed to our living room plasma which is 50% tv, 25% Dish, and 25% Blu-ray.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
They've announced both a 75" version of this and a new even higher-end "Quantum X" line. The impression I got last year was that they weren't sure that consumers would be willing to pay what a 75" PQ would've cost for the Vizio brand. I guess they've changed their tune, which is great news for those of us whose main sets just died. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
This is back up at Costco, for $1479.99. Just in time for Vizio's response to CR's "reliability" dis. :)

Looks like I may be going for a 65" rather than a 75" after all, so do I jump on this, or wait for the 2019 model? Or take a chance on OLED. . .

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
This is back up at Costco, for $1479.99. Just in time for Vizio's response to CR's "reliability" dis. :)

Looks like I may be going for a 65" rather than a 75" after all, so do I jump on this, or wait for the 2019 model? Or take a chance on OLED. . .

In case you haven't been watching, 2018 LG OLED 75s are starting to hit $4k area.... At least on Ebay, YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks