What's new

Will you be watching the Oscars? (1 Viewer)

Will you be watching the Oscars?

• Total voters

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
With all these threads talking about the good and the bad about the Oscars I'm wondering who here plans to watch this years Oscars in its entirety?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
can't remember when i last watched one!! I remember watching where ET lost to that sob Ghandi, I guess that was people choice awards. damn that! lol

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I plan to watch and we may actually host an Oscar party in the Garage Theater. We were going to host one last year but my wife and I both got nasty colds a few days before the telecast and we cancelled the party.

That said, I am not personally vested in the Oscars this year. I've only seen 2 of the Best Picture nominees and don't really have much interest to see the others. In my humble opinion, 'Black Panther' didn't deserve a nomination for BP. I thought the film was good but not Oscar worthy.

I'll be rooting for 'A Star is Born', the only other BP nominee I've seen and my favorite film for 2018.

Mark

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have not watched it since the late 70s early 80s. My wife will sometimes turn it on to see what they are doing and try to see who has won something but it's a look at the list the next day kind of thing.

I think watching these 5 minutes is better than watching 30 seconds of any awards show. The thing is if you want to hear any of these people talk about their films you can see them any time you want on the internet and in a more interesting and meaningful way. Hell, a lot of them you can actually converse with on the web if you so choose. So, I don't see any need to watch these shows...I mean at all.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
A bit amazed at the overly negative reactions and the amount of folks skipping it.

I thought some posters said this place was all about the cinema so I figured the votes would be opposite than they are.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
No way. I am not that interested in who or what is nominated. I am also not interested in their politics. I have stopped watching most of these shows. I have better things to do with my time, like watching movies.

This is what really rubs me the wrong way. These elite a-holes patting themselves on their backs all night, telling us bottom feeders how we should think or who we should hate all while they hide in their secured mansions counting their cash.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The only times I've watched the Oscars in the past 40 years has been those few times where I've participated in a "watch the Oscars chat" here on HTF. Those were enjoyable but, for me, more about the chat than what was going on on screen. They were also quite tiring (I'm usually asleep in my chair by 9:30pm so those late run times are a drain).

Generally, I couldn't care less about any awards program or who wins.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
A bit amazed at the overly negative reactions and the amount of folks skipping it.

I thought some posters said this place was all about the cinema so I figured the votes would be opposite than they are.
I love movies but since it's rare that my thoughts align with the Oscars, I don't put that much stock in them. Like I said earlier, I will definitely check out who won though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks