HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

Sony announces first premium large format cinema in Las Vegas
5fwWp0H4.jpeg-1024x630.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
How is this the first PLF in Vegas? There are a few Cinemark’s in Vegas that have the XD theaters that are THX certified that are PLFs.

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
I totally agree, Brian. I think PLF auditoriums are taking us back to a golden era of film presentation again. Cinema should be about spectacle and scale - things that you just can't recreate at home. I just wish we were still watching film, and not digital images!

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
I totally agree, Brian. I think PLF auditoriums are taking us back to a golden era of film presentation again. Cinema should be about spectacle and scale - things that you just can't recreate at home. I just wish we were still watching film, and not digital images!
I wish they still did film as well, but more importantly, they need to really hype these up. One of the things missing some newspaper ads for movies went away. I remember the excitement of seeing an ad that had the big 70mm logo and if it was in THX as well. The ads made these an event as well.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Most people don't look at newspapers for movie listings any more. People can find listings in seconds with a phone or computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks