What's new

Our Beloved "Trixie" Has Passed Away! (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
We unexpectedly had to have our family cat "Trixie" put down last night, as her X-Ray at the Animal Hospital revealed six cancerous nodules! :(

Trixie was about 13-14 years old. We weren't quite sure, as she had previously been abandoned, and found along the highway, or so we were told. Her estimated age when we adopted her in October 2006 was about a year.

It's been a rough 24 hours for the three of us, but we've been reminding ourselves that Trixie had a great life with us, and was well loved! I'll forever miss her cuddling up to me and purring quite loudly.

Trixie in our London Apartment from this past December:
51503736_10218004021995814_7862917510641745920_o.jpg

P.S. Sorry if the above separate topic is inappropriate, but any relevant pet related topics seem to be eluding me in my HTF searches, at the moment! MODs; please feel free to shift my post over to one of those topics, if need be!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Norton must be very upset ;) ... Sorry for your loss. Just remember the good times and the bad ... and know she was probably happy you were her humans ...

Cheers :D !

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Losing a pet is always terrible. But unfortunately, it's part of the deal. You know when you get them that, barring some strange catastrophic event, you're going to outlive your pets.

Of course, that doesn't make it any easier, though. I'm really sorry you have to go through this right now. I've done it many times -- and then, not right away, but, eventually, we've gotten more pets. Hopefully you'll come to that point eventually too.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Tony,

so sorry for the loss of a family member, and when they are around that long that is exactly what they are, family, with their own unique personality

That is what Beast and Georgia were to me-- family. Beast was not only Georgia's mother, but she belied her name, and she was incredibly loved in our household (albeit she and Georgia were outside cats).

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Losing a pet is always terrible. But unfortunately, it's part of the deal. You know when you get them that, barring some strange catastrophic event, you're going to outlive your pets.

Of course, that doesn't make it any easier, though. I'm really sorry you have to go through this right now. I've done it many times -- and then, not right away, but, eventually, we've gotten more pets. Hopefully you'll come to that point eventually too.
Big thanks for everyone's condolences!

For a variety of reasons, the Mrs and I had already decided there wouldn't be another pet after Trixie's eventual passing. We just didn't think it would be so soon, but I suppose nobody ever does.

Being pet free will take some getting used to, but such is life.

Kind regards!

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Anthony,

Sorry for the loss of your pet...been there done that, several times.
You say that you and the Mrs. decided that won't get another pet.
I've said that after the passing of each dog i had. Within a year, I had a new "little buddy."

John

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Anthony,

Sorry for the loss of your pet...been there done that, several times.
You say that you and the Mrs. decided that won't get another pet.
I've said that after the passing of each dog i had. Within a year, I had a new "little buddy."

John
Current finances alone prevent it, in our case. Plus, during the years we had Trixie, I've reconciled with a number of family members, most of whom have moderate to severe Cat allergies, including two out of my three biological sisters, and one offspring from each of them. This seems to be much more common than Dog allergies, at least among those we know in our limited circle.

CHEERS! :)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Hi Tony , My condolences . Aa an animal lover who has lost a few pet dogs through the years I know how it feels . Try to remember the good times you had with Trixie .

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Lucky kitty. He had a nice happy life and people who will remember him forever. He has amazing colors. the white inside his ears looks like somebody carefully dyed that in. :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
(Long rambling) just noticed the "not getting another" comments around. My Scooter is nearly 16, she has a place in my heart forever. Recently a tumor appeared near her anus. They told me the operation would be very difficult so I've decided not to go that way. They gave us spray (we call Scooter's Butt Spray) So far she is doing normally, nothing is effected, she poops, sits... SHOWS HER BUTT! lol Some months back she had what looked like stroke symptoms. But so far she's not going anywhere yet. But now I do think more about losing her and I hate that. I want to enjoy everything she can give and not worry about her final times. We all go sooner or later, hopefully later. When she goes I'll be down for a while but not out! I have my 2 others, they'll get me through. One request, please let the grief run it's course and then reconsider. Go by an animal shelter, here in the south it is bad. There are cats and dogs that need loving homes, including seniors. I'm not a fan of singer Luke Bryan's music but he has a good heart. He and his wife adopted an 18 year old dog someone dropped off at an animal shelter because someone in the house became allergic, like that's an excuse for kicking out an 18 year old dog. I'm a huge fan of Luke and his wife now... still not his music though. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks