What's new

Two early westerns worthy of being on Blu-ray "Northwest Passage" and "Across the wide Missouri" (1 Viewer)

Gangolf

Agent
Real Name
Ronald
I am waiting for an restauration and Blu Ray publishing of both films a very long time. Both MGM. "Northwest Passage" directed by King Vidor 1940, and "Across the wide Missouri" directed by William A. Wellman 1951.

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'd just love Northwest Passage, but I'm sure it was Robert Harris here that said that it needed a lot of work, I don't think it's going to happen.

Last edited:

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Both very good films that I'd welcome in Blu-ray, but both are 3-strip Technicolor titles owned by WB. NW Passage especially would require a lot of work to make it Blu worthy.

Last edited:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
No idea what work is necessary, but not inexpensive. Could hit four figures.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
No idea what work is necessary, but not inexpensive. Could hit four figures.

What, a $1,000, we could have a whip-round :) I do hope we have another three-strip Technicolor film released by Warner this year, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon really does look stunning.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
What, a $1,000, we could have a whip-round :) I do hope we have another three-strip Technicolor film released by Warner this year, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon really does look stunning.

On the latest WAC podcast, George Feltenstein mentioned that a three-strip Technicolor MGM musical is currently being prepped for blu-ray (the title was unspecified). That doesn't necessarily mean that it will be out this year though since these restorations can take some time.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
On the latest WAC podcast, George Feltenstein mentioned that a three-strip Technicolor MGM musical is currently being prepped for blu-ray (the title was unspecified). That doesn't necessarily mean that it will be out this year though since these restorations can take some time.

Interesting. That's always welcome news whatever the title may be. I'd guess Show Boat as that title has been talked about for years and the DVD is one of the worst looking ones WHV has ever released.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
MGM's Ivanhoe and Knights of the Round Table should be on Bluray also. The dvd's are not Terrible looking so what's the problem ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks