What's new

Pre-Order How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91+nAAPH6WL._SX522_.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Preordered.

Also, nice cover artwork. I hope they keep that.

As I said in the thread over in the Movies forum, I loved the movie and think it's a terrific conclusion to the trilogy. I look forward to owning it, but will probably make another trip back to the theater before the end of its run.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
CORRECTION: Digital release date for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD will now be on 4/30

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
A truly disappointing conclusion to a great series of films.

Not bad but a big step down in every area from the tremendous first two films.

I’m still buying it on 3D and 4K tho. ;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I actually hope they do a fourth one to erase the bad taste this one left.

Would love for this series to continue.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I actually hope they do a fourth one to erase the bad taste this one left.

We have different opinions of the movie, which is fine -- we've discussed it in the movies forum -- but Dean DeBois has said that this is the end. So I don't think it's likely to continue.

Also, if you look at the numbers, it is the lowest-grossing film in the franchise domestically. Internationally, it did a bit better but is still $109.1 million short of the original (although to be fair it still has to open in Japan in August so could make up the difference there.) And all of this is ignoring inflation; if you adjust for inflation, the disparity between the grosses becomes even more significant. At least on the domestic side, the slide from film to film does not suggest much financial incentive for DreamWorks to continue, especially if DeBois were not involved.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=httyd.htm

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
We have different opinions of the movie, which is fine -- we've discussed it in the movies forum -- but Dean DeBois has said that this is the end. So I don't think it's likely to continue.

Also, if you look at the numbers, it is the lowest-grossing film in the franchise domestically. Internationally, it did a bit better but is still $109.1 million short of the original (although to be fair it still has to open in Japan in August so could make up the difference there.) And all of this is ignoring inflation; if you adjust for inflation, the disparity between the grosses becomes even more significant. At least on the domestic side, the slide from film to film does not suggest much financial incentive for DreamWorks to continue, especially if DeBois were not involved.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=httyd.htm
Yeah I know all that. One can wish can’t he?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks