What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Kalifornia -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
If there was any doubt about Brad Pitt's ability to control a persona on screen, it ended with Kalifornia, Dominic Sera's 1992 effort, released here by Shout Factory as number 68 in their numbered series.

I'm not certain when the numbering actually began? Has it been ongoing since number 1?

A nihilistic film, following the exploits of buddy couples that never should have buddied, it's a film that hits you over the head about fifteen minutes in and never lets up.

This is a new Blu-ray release, although the film has been out in the format previously, and, at least to my eye, appears to be nothing new. It has none of the requisites or niceties of a new image harvest.

Shout's publicity tells us that this is the first appearance of the original theatrical cut on Blu, with the un-cut running about a minute longer.

Will the differences probably matter? Doubtful.

Minimal extras round out the package, but nothing about which to get excited.

Image - 4

Audio - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from previous Blu-ray - no

Recommended

RAH

DalekFlay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dane M.
I guess people are buying these old masters with a couple new supplements and a slipcover, but I'm not one of of them. If they subsidize the remasters Shout sometimes do though, I'm happy they exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks