What's new

Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase (2019)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Title: Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase

Tagline: Mystery...has met its match

Genre: Mystery, Crime, Comedy, Family

Director: Katt Shea

Cast: Sophia Lillis, Laura Wiggins, Zoe Renee, Mackenzie Graham, Andrea Anders, Linda Lavin, Sam Trammell, Evan Castelloe, Jon Briddell, Jay DeVon Johnson, Jennifer Riker

Release: 2019-11-15

Runtime: 89

Plot: Nancy Drew, a smart high schooler with a penchant for keen observation and deduction, stumbles upon the haunting of a local home. A bit of an outsider struggling to fit into her new surroundings, Nancy and her pals set out to solve the mystery, make new friends, and establish their place in the community

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I'm seeing this movie either tomorrow or Tuesday. Has anybody seen it yet?
I enjoyed it. I couldn't find anything of interest opening this weekend to use my A-List for and the good reviews were very good. The credits roll at 85 minutes, so I figured if it was lousy that I wouldn't have to sit very long. Anyway, it turned out to be quite an enjoyable film.

Note: The release date in the original post is incorrect. :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had no idea this was on the immediate horizon. I had read something about it, but then hadn't paid much attention to it. I hope it does well.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I had no idea this was on the immediate horizon. I had read something about it, but then hadn't paid much attention to it. I hope it does well.

Since there seems to be a heavy AMC emphasis, that's why I saw so many trailers for it.

Musta seen the preview 5-6 times over the last couple of months!

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
This one really is not being promoted well. Was looking at moviefone for a listing of March releases. The listing for Nancy Drew shows a poster for the original movie from 1939. :P

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This one really is not being promoted well. Was looking at moviefone for a listing of March releases. The listing for Nancy Drew shows a poster for the original movie from 1939. :P
Even on Flixster, it's not listed under my local AMC theater as being played there. I've only seen it using the AMC app.

I watched it as one of my A-List titles today. I slightly enjoyed it, but I won't watch it again. Sophia Lillis has a bright future. She still resembles a younger Amy Adams quite a bit. They could be mistaken as close relations such as her daughter or younger sister. Knowing that I'm not the target audience, I think young and teenage girls should enjoy this latest edition of Nancy Drew. I don't think many of us that grew up watching Nancy Drew in previous versions will enjoy it as much. Maybe, I'm wrong, but I think some of us will crap over it.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I never heard of this and didn’t know they were making another ND movie.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I just got the press release for the Blu-ray version of this - it comes out April 2!

Man, that's a record time from theaters to home video!

I guess WB just wanted it out as a token theatrical exhibition - essentially AMC only...

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I just got the press release for the Blu-ray version of this - it comes out April 2!

Man, that's a record time from theaters to home video!

I guess WB just wanted it out as a token theatrical exhibition - essentially AMC only...
So, there's the answer. They probably gave AMC a sweetheart deal or 4-walled it just so that it played enough theaters to keep Ellen happy.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Does anyone know how closely it resembles the book? I haven't read it since grade school so I have no idea.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks