What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Kevin Costner was one of the biggest stars in Hollywood during the first half of the 1990’s; he had earned Oscars – Best Picture and Best Director – for his work on Dances with Wolves (1990) and had box office success with films like JFK (1991), Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991), and The Bodyguard (1992). However, the most ambitious project he undertook as a star, Waterworld, nearly derailed his career as it was the most expensive production ever embarked upon by a major Hollywood studio at the time. Though previously released by Universal on both DVD and Blu-ray, Arrow Films licensed the film and has given it the Limited Edition Blu-ray treatment.

Waterworld (1995)

Released: 28 Jul 1995
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 135 min

Director: Kevin Reynolds
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller

Cast: Kevin Costner, Chaim Jeraffi, Rick Aviles, R.D. Call...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
t1g3r5fan submitted a new blog post

Waterworld (Limited Edition) - Blu-ray Review
2028_1.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.
Good review. I watched the Ulysses cut a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed Waterworld a lot more than when it came out theatrically. Seems to be the case for quite a few movies I didn't initially care much for back in the '80's and '90's. Good to see that that Arrow completely sold out both the UK and US editions too. There is an appreciation - and market - for their carefully curated cult movies.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
I also enjoyed revisiting this recently, but boy did Dennis Hopper ever do this for the payday. He is tremendously over the top in most scenes and at least a little in pretty much all scenes. And at the end, as he's racing towards the girl on the jet ski, he hits it with a riding crop?

Come on. :rolleyes:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I also enjoyed revisiting this recently, but boy did Dennis Hopper ever do this for the payday. He is tremendously over the top in most scenes and in his final scene, as he's racing towards the girl, he hits his jet ski with a riding crop.

Come on. :rolleyes:
I think Dennis Hopper performance is one of the best things about this movie. It was meant to be over-the-top and it still cracks me up today.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Ironically he is still one of the most enjoyable things and I liked it back in the day, but it didn't strike me as having the nuance to hold up as classic cheese. Maybe if there was a wink at the audience or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks