What's new

Pioneer VSX-321 Shut Down (1 Viewer)

ajja

Auditioning
Real Name
James
My Pioneer VSX-321 has recently started turning off for no reason. I can turn it back on via my Logitech remote and it is good for hours, sometimes a day or longer. All 3 HDMI inputs are unitized but only one component at a time is on. Checking all speaker connections and seeing if any wire splices are bad seems to be the next logical step. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Really don't want to go to my older VSX-519V that doesn't have DTS Master Or Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby True HD and other sound options.

ajja

Auditioning
Real Name
James
My Pioneer VSX-321 has recently started turning off for no reason. I can turn it back on via my Logitech remote and it is good for hours, sometimes a day or longer. All 3 HDMI inputs are unitized but only one component at a time is on. Checking all speaker connections and seeing if any wire splices are bad seems to be the next logical step. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Really don't want to go to my older VSX-519V that doesn't have DTS Master Or Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby True HD and other sound options.

ajja

Auditioning
Real Name
James
To follow up. I rewired the system today to be sure there were no frayed wires. No luck. The receiver shut of on it's own again this evening. This is driving me up the wall. Sure it shuts off, I turn it back on and it is OK for a while [a few hours more or less]. I will try resting the receiver. I have reprogrammed my Logitech remote in case it was sending a shut off signal. I have another Logitech remote I will program and see if that makes a difference. Damn frustrating this is. I really don't want to take the receiver in for service because it probably would cost half of what it would cost to replace it.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
With your symptoms the first thing I always suspect is overheating. Does your AVR have good air circulation? Nothing stacked on top of it and its not crammed in a cabinet?

ajja

Auditioning
Real Name
James
It has been on the same component stand for 3 years. The vents on the side are unobstructed. Air can get into the unit from the top vents also. When touched the unit isn't very warm.

ajja

Auditioning
Real Name
James
So, we all forgot the obvious. The APO [automatic power off] feature was set at 2 hours. How and why that happened is a good question. I think when some setting changes were being made a few weeks ago, the APO feature was reset. So far so good.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Wow. Glad to hear it. I dont think Ive ever noticed that feature in all the years and AVRs Ive owned. Made me dig in the settings of my Yammy and it does indeed have that feature. However it only activates if no operation or no input is detected. Alas I screw with the volume often enough that I dont think Id ever notice if that feature was accidently on, you must have amazing self control! :rolling-smiley:

ajja

Auditioning
Real Name
James
With my Pioneer receiver; if you don't change volume or change inputs or settings and you have the APO on, it will shut off after the set amount of time. Usually my volume isn't changed when i am watching something. Usually I stay on one inputted device, my PVR. Same deal if my Blue Ray player is being used. So far so good. Touch wood and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks