What's new

New iPad Air 10.5” and 5th gen Mini iPad In Apple Store (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Apple Insider reported that the Apple Store this morning was updated with new iPad Air with 10.5” display and 5th generation iPad Mini. Both with first gen Apple Pencil support.

Thought I’d start a thread in case you guys weren’t aware. (I’m sure you guys know!) This is ahead of the Spring Event.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yep. $499 for the 10.5" iPad Air. A12 Bionic processor, which tells me it's approaching the Pro, but I'm not really up on these. I wonder if this means no refresh for the basic iPad.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Looking at the line now, every iPad has Pencil support which is great. Except the Pro has its own Pencil.

0CE58F3C-7F78-43BC-BBA6-9897100DD4A6.png

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It's an interesting tactic to release this in advance of their event, as opposed to at the event, which has historically been their M.O. Shows that they really want to focus on whatever software and services they'll be promoting. Color me interested.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
It's an interesting tactic to release this in advance of their event, as opposed to at the event, which has historically been their M.O. Shows that they really want to focus on whatever software and services they'll be promoting. Color me interested.
The new iPads clearly have nothing to do with what the event is about: new newspapers/magazines subscriptions, new TV/video streaming, new video game subscriptions (maybe). And they have done it before (hardware release either after or before the event)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I’ve been waiting for an updated mini with internal refreshes to compliment my 12.9 pro, I’ll be picking up an LTE 256gb silver

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
iMacs and iMac pro got spec bumped today. Maybe it will be new hardware every day this week and new services only on Monday =p
So far, that's the trend. It's kind of amazing that they introduced an entirely new product (the 10.5" iPad Air) so quietly. What do they have to bump the rest of the week? MacBooks I suppose, but I don't see anything with the Mini since it's so new.

How big of a difference is it between the A10 and A12 processor? I really wasn't planning to spend anywhere near $500 on a new iPad, but if it's a significant boost, I might. The current iPad can be had for $250, so it's double the price.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
And new AirPods with Hey Siri, longer battery life and wireless charging case announced today. $159 for standard charging case and $199 for the AirPods with wireless charging case.

Looks like the wireless charging case is available separately for $79.00.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Maybe a mod could change the title of the thread to something like 2019 Apple Spring updates iPads, AirPods, iMacs etc.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ok Sam. I didn’t see the AirPod thread. :)

I was thinking to make this thread about the new updated products. But I’m fine to leave it for iPads only since there’s already an AirPod thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks