What's new

Loving You (1957) (1 Viewer)

Chuckcharl

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
OK, so it's not considered a major movie but LOVING YOU was the First Movie to star Elvis Presley that was filmed in gorgeous Technicolour and wonderful VistaVision. For years fans had to make do with a poor quality 4:3release by NBC Video (presumably licensed from Paramount). Years later Lions gate issued an anamorphic Wide-screen 1:85 which, strangely was "assigned by NBC". However this version, although correct ratio, had very poor, pale colour. It did have a few vintage quotes from people such as Martin Sheen as extras but the DVD release had little or no publicity and can only be found in junk shops etc. Even Amazon still sell original NBC copy. With Millions of Presley Fans worldwide I would assume Kino Mother / Paramount would have healthy sales with a Fully Remastered BluRay Disc. I doubt they made any profit on Samson and Delilah so why not issue a Blu-Ray that has guaranteed sales. Presley Fans are renown for their purchasing of anything starring him, including re-recordings material over and over again

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
This was the announcement that came out last fall. When January rolled around word came out that it would be delayed for several months. Details were sketchy. I haven't heard anything since. It would be great release for fans like me.
  • upload_2019-3-20_10-8-9.png

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
I believe Universal Pictures (via rights holder NBC) is the film's owner. NBC acquired the film from Paramount some decades back.

Chuckcharl

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
This was the announcement that came out last fall. When January rolled around word came out that it would be delayed for several months. Details were sketchy. I haven't heard anything since. It would be great release for fans like me.
So the rumours were true. This has happened before with Twilight Time, Miss Sadie Thompson 3D was announced as forthcoming over 12 months ago, still waiting. Just hope Loving You Blu-ray becomes available. Thanks for info

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
So the rumours were true. This has happened before with Twilight Time, Miss Sadie Thompson 3D was announced as forthcoming over 12 months ago, still waiting. Just hope Loving You Blu-ray becomes available. Thanks for info

Miss Sadie Thompson has been released on 3D Blu-ray by Twilight Time. Still waiting though on Loving You.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Loving You was going to be put out by Redwind. TT and SAE were going sell it on their sites according to that announcement. When asked about it last year, TT said they had not heard anything about. Hopefully it still in the works by someone.

Chuckcharl

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
Miss Sadie Thompson has been released on 3D Blu-ray by Twilight Time. Still waiting though on Loving You.
Thanks for info, supposed to be on TT mail list but never informed of that release. Hope I don't miss out on Loving You i(if & when)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
With Millions of Presley Fans worldwide I would assume Kino Mother / Paramount would have healthy sales with a Fully Remastered BluRay Disc. I doubt they made any profit on Samson and Delilah so why not issue a Blu-Ray that has guaranteed sales. Presley Fans are renown for their purchasing of anything starring him, including re-recordings material over and over again
Twilight Time did not do especially well with Follow That Dream which was heavily discounted in their various sales. Flaming Star also did not sell quickly. Perhaps Elvis fans are not aware of Twilight Time or perhaps they're not such spendthrifts as you believe.

Chuckcharl

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
I've mentioned TT to quite a few "collectors" who've never heard of the company. Given the choice between Flaming Star, Follow that Dream & Loving You I can guarantee LY would win hands down. Much as we like Elvis in most of his Movies It's the music that counts and this never comes better than Loving You.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Kid Galahad is one of my favorite Elvis movies. TT Bluray could have looked Better, but I guess that's the Best it will ever look.

Chuckcharl

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
Kid Galahad is one of my favorite Elvis movies. TT Bluray could have looked Better, but I guess that's the Best it will ever look.
If we don't purchase what they do issue on BR, that just reduces the chance of further releases.

MusicOdin

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron
Hello all,

I just joined the forum after finding this thread. Has anyone found out if LOVING YOU was actually released? I just sent an email to Twilight Time in hopes of getting a response and I’m wondering if anyone else has heard anything.

And I second the notion that the long time Elvis fans are willing to buy just about anything. I’m not sure if any of you have heard of the Follow That Dream label but it’s an officially sanctioned label underneath Sony and Graceland I believe that puts out all kinds of incredible Elvis releases on CD and in book form. The “crazy” fans like myself regularly dole out $100 for a new book release and anywhere between $30 and $70 for the CD releases when sometimes all we are getting is one or two new unreleased tracks (outtakes from the studio 9 out of 10 times or soundboard and even audience recordings from 1970s concerts) along with a lot of other stuff that we’ve already heard. So yes, we will fork out out the cash for any of the Elvis movies on Blu-ray. I currently have all of them except WILD IN THE COUNTRY which is actually one of Elvis’ better pictures. I would love to see LOVING YOU on Blu-ray if it’s been cleaned up. It’s funny because I have the remastered DVD that came out on the Lions Gate Home Entertainment release many years ago and I think I paid $10-$15 for it at the time and now it’s going for $150 and up on Amazon which to me seems crazy but only crazy because I already own it. I can actually see myself buying it if I suddenly found out it existed because I do this all the time with other releases. I think one idea for these boutique Blu-ray companies would be to do a pre-release payment. I’d be happy to give them $50 to hold me a copy when it’s finally been released and I’m sure there’s a few thousand of us out there that would do the same. Heck, if they put together some sort of hard cover book to go along with it many of us will be willing to pay $100 and up for it. Many of us fans have wondered why the Follow That Dream label hasn’t already thought of doing this because under that label people are willing to pay just about anything because of the quality of the product that they typically put out.

Anyways, that’s my two cents on the subject. Let me know if anyone’s heard anything else and thank you.. thank you very much. ;-)

Aaron

P.S. Has anyone picked up a copy of Peyton Place on Blu-ray from the Twilight Time label? I’m curious as to how good the picture and audio quality is on that one. I’m only 47 but I have always had a fascination with the golden age of film and music.
D136D8E1-1D5B-4C29-B637-0E7441CCF5E3.jpeg 51C1CA23-A376-4DF0-A203-5A599D887089.jpeg

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Hello all,

I just joined the forum after finding this thread. Has anyone found out if LOVING YOU was actually released? I just sent an email to Twilight Time in hopes of getting a response and I’m wondering if anyone else has heard anything.

And I second the notion that the long time Elvis fans are willing to buy just about anything. I’m not sure if any of you have heard of the Follow That Dream label but it’s an officially sanctioned label underneath Sony and Graceland I believe that puts out all kinds of incredible Elvis releases on CD and in book form. The “crazy” fans like myself regularly dole out $100 for a new book release and anywhere between $30 and $70 for the CD releases when sometimes all we are getting is one or two new unreleased tracks (outtakes from the studio 9 out of 10 times or soundboard and even audience recordings from 1970s concerts) along with a lot of other stuff that we’ve already heard. So yes, we will fork out out the cash for any of the Elvis movies on Blu-ray. I currently have all of them except WILD IN THE COUNTRY which is actually one of Elvis’ better pictures. I would love to see LOVING YOU on Blu-ray if it’s been cleaned up. It’s funny because I have the remastered DVD that came out on the Lions Gate Home Entertainment release many years ago and I think I paid $10-$15 for it at the time and now it’s going for $150 and up on Amazon which to me seems crazy but only crazy because I already own it. I can actually see myself buying it if I suddenly found out it existed because I do this all the time with other releases. I think one idea for these boutique Blu-ray companies would be to do a pre-release payment. I’d be happy to give them $50 to hold me a copy when it’s finally been released and I’m sure there’s a few thousand of us out there that would do the same. Heck, if they put together some sort of hard cover book to go along with it many of us will be willing to pay $100 and up for it. Many of us fans have wondered why the Follow That Dream label hasn’t already thought of doing this because under that label people are willing to pay just about anything because of the quality of the product that they typically put out.

Anyways, that’s my two cents on the subject. Let me know if anyone’s heard anything else and thank you.. thank you very much. ;-)

Aaron

P.S. Has anyone picked up a copy of Peyton Place on Blu-ray from the Twilight Time label? I’m curious as to how good the picture and audio quality is on that one. I’m only 47 but I have always had a fascination with the golden age of film and music.
View attachment 62598 View attachment 62599
I have it also. I bought it at Best Buy in store when they had many dvd's. No More now. Those day's are over.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes

Aaron

View attachment 62598 View attachment 62599

I was very excited when a Loving You release was rumored last fall by Redwind Productions. It seems like nothing ever happened.
Peyton Place looks and sounds awesome. Get it.
upload_2019-9-4_19-54-0.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks