What's new

Remote turns on Krell and Marantz receivers! (1 Viewer)

Dave H.

Grip
Hi folks, I have a Krell S-550i integrated amp and a SR 7012 Receiver sitting next to each other in a cabinet. My problem is when I go to turn one of them on with remote they both power up! Any way to remedy this problem? Volume dose the same! Thanks in advance

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't know about the Krell, but the Marantz might have the option for alternate remote codes. You would select it in the setup menu somewhere. Then, of course, you have to adjust the remote, which probably requires using a programmable remote rather than the one that came with the receiver.

Dave H.

Grip
I don't know about the Krell, but the Marantz might have the option for alternate remote codes. You would select it in the setup menu somewhere. Then, of course, you have to adjust the remote, which probably requires using a programmable remote rather than the one that came with the receiver.

Thanks, I will look into the remote codes. It is a new receiver so I really don’t want to go with a programmable remote if I don’t have to. For now I have a block of wood covering the sensor on Krell! very professional looking.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I took a look at the manual, and I don't see anything about secondary remote codes. I was thinking my Marantz AV7703 did, but realized that's probably not even an option on surround receiver/processors, since there are so many remote functions. I was probably thinking about my Oppo Blu-Ray player, which does have alternate codes.

Dave H.

Grip
Well thanks to all that tried to fix this problem! Will keep researching this. Bimbo 19, not sure what your post is about. We’re you trying to send me an image?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well thanks to all that tried to fix this problem! Will keep researching this. Bimbo 19, not sure what your post is about. We’re you trying to send me an image?
He was just agreeing with me. I doubt there's a solution other than replacing either the Krell or Marantz with a different brand, or cover one of their remote sensors, like you've done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks