What's new

Criterion Channel ....A Sneak Peak of Blus Coming? (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
If the moderator can please erase this whole thread please. I thought I was being informative....but by the comment below I refuse to be ridiculed. I will continue to read this very fine forum...but fear I can no longer contribute as I seem to be targeted for ridicule. No other forum has ever made me feel like such an outsider

Criterion Channel has THE ELEPHANT MAN...BUGSY MALONE and LOCAL HERO coming up on their schedule. This seems promising for eventual Blurays of 3 films we have all asked for. I will refrain from calling this a list...i thought it would be of interest to everyone.

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Paramount

Waterloo
Play it Again, Sam
Paper Moon
Chinatown
Phase IV
The Tenant
The Duellists
Heaven Can Wait
Real Life
Ordinary People
The Elephant Man
Atlantic City
Gallipoli
Ragtime
Reds
White Dog
Baby, It's You
The Dead Zone

Warner

The Devils
The Candidate
O Lucky Man
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
The Late Show
Oh, God
A Little Romance
The Great Santini
Prince of the City
Local Hero
Zelig
After Hours

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This isn't that different from how Filmstruck was. They had a lot of titles they didn't have physical rights to, but had streaming. For example, a lot of StudioCanal titles that were OOP were available with all the extras from the DVD/laserdisc/Blu editions.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
If the moderator can please erase this whole thread please. I thought I was being informative....but by the comment below I refuse to be ridiculed. I will continue to read this very fine forum...but fear I can no longer contribute as I seem to be targeted for ridicule. No other forum has ever made me feel like such an outsider

Criterion Channel has THE ELEPHANT MAN...BUGSY MALONE and LOCAL HERO coming up on their schedule. This seems promising for eventual Blurays of 3 films we have all asked for. I will refrain from calling this a list...i thought it would be of interest to everyone.

I guess whatever happened was deleted.

Glad the topic wasn’t this could be informative

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yea
This isn't that different from how Filmstruck was. They had a lot of titles they didn't have physical rights to, but had streaming. For example, a lot of StudioCanal titles that were OOP were available with all the extras from the DVD/laserdisc/Blu editions.

Yeah, I just can't imagine that all of the many eagerly-awaited Paramount classic titles will suddenly be forthcoming, except perhaps via streaming.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

What happened? Did somebody attack you as I can't see where any post was deleted from this thread by a moderator? We don't stand for anybody being ridicule, not on this forum so please let me know what happened.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see they're showing "Human Desire" which got a Region "B" Blu-ray release last month from Eureka MOC, so I'm expecting a Region "A" release sometime this year.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Fingers crossed for Catch-22, & Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid, & The Devils, & The Great Escape (strong rumour from Kino over at blue-ray.com last year).

Paramount looks nigh impossible now, but things change, & it could be a different story in a couple of months.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
It would be great to have a new, shiny release of The Great Escape (the MGM BluRay is very inconsistent- some scenes look OK, others look pretty bad).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks