What's new

Rio Bravo 60th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Unfortunately, Warner Archive does not re-do poor transfers previously done Warner Home Video. Rio Bravo was re-released on Blu-ray disc, and it was the same lousy transfer.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Can Warner please give us a new 4K scan? Warner Archive?

"All the black and white images below have been scanned from the original negatives, which were recently uncovered in the WB archives."

https://www.warnerbros.com/news/articles/2019/03/19/rio-bravo-turns-60?fbclid=IwAR2Sy0-hscEL2kw9thn-I1x0rsFGDmtBRuTmdeWyM2dL562-cmCrJP_Fig4
Your link is broken, but it's fine in this post from my blog thread. I agree that Warner needs to revisit this great film as I would love a 4K/UHD release.

I'm going to move this thread from Bargains to the Blu-ray section.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Can Warner please give us a new 4K scan? Warner Archive?

"All the black and white images below have been scanned from the original negatives, which were recently uncovered in the WB archives."

https://www.warnerbros.com/news/articles/2019/03/19/rio-bravo-turns-60?fbclid=IwAR2Sy0-hscEL2kw9thn-I1x0rsFGDmtBRuTmdeWyM2dL562-cmCrJP_Fig4

I believe the negatives mentioned in the article are from still photos not the film negative. You may realize this but from your post I thought they found the negative from the picture recently and you were requesting that they take this element to produce a new scan of the picture.

ArnoldLayne

Premium
Real Name
Chris
I believe the negatives mentioned in the article are from still photos not the film negative. You may realize this but from your post I thought they found the negative from the picture recently and you were requesting that they take this element to produce a new scan of the picture.
Fixed my post ;-) I have no idea about the best film source available, but it would be nice to see a first- class restoration of this classic ...

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yeah, well The Searchers 60th anniversary came & went, I expect the same with Rio Bravo :(

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks