What's new

Pre-Order Winning (1969) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
95012_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I’m not familiar with this film. How does it compare to Grand Prix? It looks interesting and with Newman and Wagner should have some good acting, correct?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I’m not familiar with this film. How does it compare to Grand Prix? It looks interesting and with Newman and Wagner should have some good acting, correct?

It doesn't compare to Grand Prix at all (at least in a good way). The film isn't so much about auto racing as a romantic triangle melodrama with Newman, Woodward and Wagner as the triangle. For fans of those actors only but it's not a good movie. The best thing about it is Dave Grusin's score.

Still, I may get it if the reviews on the transfer are very good. The U.S. DVD was non anamorphic.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I disagree with Thomas about this not being a good movie. I always liked this film and found it entertaining with some good acting performances. I will definitely be buying this Blu-ray to replace my 20 year old DVD. I think it's better than "Grand Prix" without the overlong length.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It doesn't compare to Grand Prix at all (at least in a good way). The film isn't so much about auto racing as a romantic triangle melodrama with Newman, Woodward and Wagner as the triangle. For fans of those actors only but it's not a good movie. The best thing about it is Dave Grusin's score.

Still, I may get it if the reviews on the transfer are very good. The U.S. DVD was non anamorphic.
I don't know this film at all well but I always enjoy films about romantic triangles. As I like the cast and respect the screenwriter, I too will buy this disc if informed reports confirm good picture quality.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Thanks for the input. I’ve always liked 50s thru 70s auto racing so was curious about how much racing was involved with the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks