What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
During the Golden Age of Hollywood, Burt Lancaster could be counted upon to lead both trenchant dramas as well as exciting adventure films with great skill and style. However, he also made two forays behind the camera as a director as well; the first was the frontier Western The Kentuckian (1955). The second – done 19 years later and with longtime friend and associate Roland Kibbee assisting him – was The Midnight Man, an offbeat whodunit in a small college town. Long unavailable on home video, the movie makes its debut on Blu-ray courtesy of Kino Lorber through their Studio Classics line.

The Midnight Man (1974)

Released: 14 Jun 1974
Rated: R
Runtime: 117 min

Director: Roland Kibbee, Burt Lancaster
Genre: Mystery

Cast: Burt Lancaster, Susan Clark, Cameron Mitchell, Morgan Woodward
Writer(s): David Anthony (novel), Roland Kibbee, Burt...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
This actually sounds pretty good. Thanks for the detailed review.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
THE MIDNIGHT MAN was a "blind buy" purchase for me. It never made it to any theatres near me and was a film I've wanted to see for years. An excellent movie from Burt Lancaster.

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
Saw this as a kid at the Trylon Theater on Queens Blvd. when it first came out. Good late period Burt. Have had a German blu for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks