What's new

Pre-Order Universal Horror Collection Volume 2 (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Attachments

• 240024_front.jpg
    240024_front.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
This release reminds me of a film I saw on TV as a kid. It was pretty old - I'd say 30s or 40s, and was about a mad doctor who had a group of people locked up and was showing them charts of different facial parts that he was going to graft on to their faces.

The movie has haunted me since I saw it, but I never knew what it was called. Anyone here ever seen this movie?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm glad these less well-remembered flicks are getting Blu'ed, but, even knowing that the price will drop prior to release, this set is ridiculously overpriced...for me, at least. Pass.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The only movie I really like from this set is Murders in the Zoo. Even though the price is like 13.50 a movie, Id like to see if it goes to 39.99.. :)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately Scream factory titles never drop that much in price or Shouts tv titles. They always remain higher priced than other studios which is why my wish list always has more of their titles than other studios. This may occasionally hit $49.99 but based on other scream titles this will hover around $54.99 -$59.99
Definitely a pass for me. $30.00-$35.00 I would get it.

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Does Shout ever have decent sales? I have an ever growing wish list with them also. I find it cheaper to import a disc from Europe of the same title, then purchase their region 1 version (When the opportunity presents itself)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Those 4 titles are in a TCM "Universal Cult Horror" DVD-R set with another title (House of Horrors with Rondo Hatton) for ~$50. And DVD-R is known to be overpriced. Were this set a full duplicate of that TCM *5 movie* set at ~$50-$60 I'd consider it. There's no way at the current price. I'll keep my DVDs as they look pretty darn good.

The sad part is I would like to support them to encourage more releases, as they seem to be one of a small handful who still actively support physical releases, but their pricing structure prevents that.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Those 4 titles are in a TCM "Universal Cult Horror" DVD-R set with another title (House of Horrors with Rondo Hatton) for ~$50. And DVD-R is known to be overpriced. Were this set a full duplicate of that TCM *5 movie* set at ~$50-$60 I'd consider it. There's no way at the current price. I'll keep my DVDs as they look pretty darn good.

The sad part is I would like to support them to encourage more releases, as they seem to be one of a small handful who still actively support physical releases, but their pricing structure prevents that.
Yeah. I have that set as well. I recently watched HOUSE OF HORROR again. And it looks pretty amazing. While it would be nice to see these films in higher resolution, the price point is too high considering I already have them. And yes, if HOUSE OF HORRORS had been included, it would have been a more attractive possibility at that price. But as it stands, there's only one "Must have"--at least for me--in that package: MURDERS IN THE ZOO. And the price is too high for that item alone.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Does Shout ever have decent sales? I have an ever growing wish list with them also. I find it cheaper to import a disc from Europe of the same title, then purchase their region 1 version (When the opportunity presents itself)
During a recent Shout sale I bought the following 11 BD titles with the attached sale pricing. Also, I received $20 in coupons that I have to use before June 1st. I think the sales offer was spend $100 and get a $10 coupon. I had free shipping and no sales tax too.

As an example, the BD release of "Starman" is currently $29.93 at Amazon while the MSRP is $34.93. What I don't know is the frequency of their sales nor if there are parameter differences in their sales? We know that Barnes & Noble has the same Criterion 50% off sale parameter with their July and November sales. Is it the same with Shout? I don't know.

[Blu-ray ] Starman [Collector's Edition] $19.94
[Blu-ray ] Hang 'Em High [50th Anniversary Edition] $19.94
[Blu-ray ] Someone To Watch Over Me $19.19
[Blu-ray ] The Body Snatcher $19.19
[Blu-ray ] Get Shorty [Collector's Edition] + Exclusive Poster $19.94
[Blu-ray ] Single White Female $19.19
[Blu-ray ] Dragnet [Collector's Edition] $19.19
[Blu-ray ] The Deadly Mantis $18.39
[Blu-ray ] The Return Of The Vampire $18.39
[Blu-ray ] Assault On Precinct 13 [Collector's Edition] $17.56
[Blu-ray ] Hackers [20th Anniversary Edition] $15.98

Last edited:

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
This release reminds me of a film I saw on TV as a kid. It was pretty old - I'd say 30s or 40s, and was about a mad doctor who had a group of people locked up and was showing them charts of different facial parts that he was going to graft on to their faces.

The movie has haunted me since I saw it, but I never knew what it was called. Anyone here ever seen this movie?

Sounds like The Ghost Walks (1934), one of many Poverty Row "forgotten horrors":

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks