Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Title: Salem's Lot

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Gary Dauberman

Cast: Lewis Pullman, Makenzie Leigh, Bill Camp, Spencer Treat Clark, William Sadler, John Benjamin Hickey, Alfre Woodard, Pilou Asbæk, Jordan Preston Carter, Nicholas Crovetti, Cade Woodward, Kellan Rhude, Debra Christofferson, Rebecca Gibel, Mike Bash, Fedna Jacquet, Avery Bederman, Liam Anderson, Marilyn Busch, Sage Rudnick, Alyana Hill, Gavin Maddox Bergman, Robert Bouvier, Daniel George

Plot: Author Ben Mears returns to his childhood home of Jerusalem’s Lot in search of inspiration for his next book, only to discover his hometown is being preyed upon by a bloodthirsty vampire.
Cool! James Wan and Gary Dauberman will be adapting King's novel for the big screen, Producing and Executive Producing, respectively, for New Line. Dauberman will also write the script. No director is attached yet:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...man-tackling-stephen-kings-salems-lot-1204201

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Me too.

Wan being involved excites. Wonder if they'll follow the IT model and release two movies? Doing the story justice in one movie will be very difficult.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Me too.

Wan being involved excites. Wonder if they'll follow the IT model and release two movies? Doing the story justice in one movie will be very difficult.

I know it's a long book but please don't let them make this into two 2 and a half hour movies.
I know its already been done, but I’d prefer a mini-series.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Casting update: https://deadline.com/2021/09/stephen-king-movie-salems-lot-john-benjamin-hickey-cast-1234847418/

EXCLUSIVE (Deadline): Recent The Inheritance Tony nominee John Benjamin Hickey is set to play Father Callahan in New Line’s big feature adaptation of Stephen King’s bestselling novel Salem’s Lot which is hitting theaters in the Warner Bros. post Labor Day holiday corridor of Sept. 9, 2022.

Hickey joins previously announced Lewis Pullman (Ben Mears), Alfre Woodard (Dr. Cody), Makenzie Leigh (Susan Norton), Bill Camp (Matthew Burke), Spencer Treat Clark (Mike Ryerson), and Pilou Asbæk (Straker) in the Gary Dauberman adapted and directed feature.

In the movie, author Ben Mears returns to his childhood home of Jerusalem’s Lot in search of inspiration for his next book only to discover his hometown is being preyed upon by a bloodthirsty vampire. As we previously reported, New Line is reteaming with their Conjuring universe and It franchise content creators, including Dauberman, producers James Wan and Michael Clear for Atomic Monster and Roy Lee for Vertigo and Mark Wolper. Dauberman, Michael Bederman, Vertigo’s Andrew Childs and Atomic Monster’s Judson Scott are executive producing.

William Sadler is listed among the cast on IMDb, but role is not listed. He seems like the type that might play Barlow though at 70 he's older than I'd expect to see with an actor in that role.

Should be interesting. They seem like they're sticking to a single feature film for now, but who knows once they start editing. A criticism in the past has been that even using the two-part miniseries format, there wasn't enough time to do the book justice. And the New Line and It folks have split up novels into extra movies before.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
200.gif

Last edited:

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm getting a bad feeling about this. So few details and ZERO marketing out there for a film based on a famous Stephen King novel that's due to be released in 60 days? Not good.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Since horror movies, especially those with brand recognition like this one, always seem to be good for winning at least one box office weekend--even if they suck--it seems like an odd decision if Warner opts to send Salem's Lot straight to Max. Then again, Warner does seem to like making odd decisions these days.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks