What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time July 2019 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504-jpeg.58725

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these July Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first! 
Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.
screen-shot-2019-05-17-at-10-30-13-am-png.58726

BEHOLD A PALE HORSE (1964) BLU-RAY — July 16
THE CHAIRMAN (1969) BLU-RAY — July 16
THE PRESIDENT’S LADY (1953) BLU-RAY — July 16
TEN NORTH FREDERICK (1958) BLU-RAY — July 16

Continue reading...

Attachments

• post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.30.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.30.13 AM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 227
Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Definitely in for The President's Lady which I believe will be making its home video debut and hopefully include Alfred Newman's wonderful underscore as an isolated track. My DVDs of Behold A Pale Horse, The Chairman and 10 North Frederick will do me nicely methinks though I might upgrade 10 North Frederick if the reviews indicate a superior transfer.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Two Gregory Pecks in one month! All four titles are interesting but The President's Lady is the stand-out because I don't think it's been released on DVD. Anyone puzzled by Suzy Parker's career in films should watch 10 North Frederick. She's really good. (So is my German DVD. I'm not sure I'll upgrade.)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
These four film titles are interesting. I'm kind of surprise about "The President's Lady" as I've been waiting on that one for many years. It's been years since I last watched "The Chairman" and "10 North Frederick". I've never seen "Ride a Pale Horse" as it's one of many film titles that I always meant to watch, but always falls through the cracks of my film viewings. A solid lineup!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Not only don't I have any of these on any home video format, I've never SEEN any of them (though, of course, I've heard of all of them)! For someone who prides himself on a long and wide life of cinematic experiences, this is kind of embarrassing. I'll have to rectify it with these four releases.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
A strong line up- Behold A Pale Horse is an excellent film which I look forward to picking up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not only don't I have any of these on any home video format, I've never SEEN any of them (though, of course, I've heard of all of them)! For someone who prides himself on a long and wide life of cinematic experiences, this is kind of embarrassing. I'll have to rectify it with these four releases.
You're not alone in that boat. It's been so long that I watched a couple of those titles that I can barely remember them.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
All 4 titles for me! 10 North Frederick has never released on DVD in the US. Looking forward to the Cinemascope Blu Ray!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I haven't seen any of them either, nor have I even heard of any of them lol - top that ! :P
The President's Lady sounds the most intriguing and I can stream it which I will - and if I enjoy it Ill add it to my TT collection
I do like Gregory Peck and have a lot of his films, I might have to check these out but there's no chance in hell I'm blind buying movies for 30.00 :)

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Definitely in for The President's Lady which I believe will be making its home video debut and hopefully include Alfred Newman's wonderful underscore as an isolated track. My DVDs of Behold A Pale Horse, The Chairman and 10 North Frederick will do me nicely methinks though I might upgrade 10 North Frederick if the reviews indicate a superior transfer.

Considering Varese Sarabande released a CD of Newman’s score many years ago (now long out-of-print), I’d be shocked if they don’t have an isolated score on The President’s Lady.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
there's no chance in hell I'm blind buying movies for 30.00 :)

For a movie I really really want, $30 is a bargain. Hell, for blu rays of Dramma Della Gelosia, Lucy Gallant, Pepe, A Man Could Get Killed, The High And The Mighty, Where Were You When The Lights Out, Raintree County, You Can't Run Away From It, Curucu Beast Of The Amazon, The Tattered Dress, Le Diable Par La Queue, Gentlemen Marry Brunettes etc. I'd cough up between $50 to $75. :)

But I definitely get your point about blind buying.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I was thinking that one of 20th century fox’s old cinema classics series of DVDs would be released by twilight time soon. The chairman is it! I was hoping for the Magus or Deadfall but I’ll take this one!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For a movie I really really want, $30 is a bargain.
It is interesting how we value physical media. Back when videotapes first became available, I remember they were priced for rental stores and not for consumer purchase ($100 or more is what I recall), and if you told me back then you could get an even superior product for around $30, I would have been ecstatic!

Excuse me, I need to yell at some kids to get off my lawn!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It is interesting how we value physical media. Back when videotapes first became available, I remember they were priced for rental stores and not for consumer purchase ($100 or more is what I recall), and if you told me back then you could get an even superior product for around $30, I would have been ecstatic!

Excuse me, I need to yell at some kids to get off my lawn!
It's because our expectations and circumstances has changed since those early days of home video. Through so many different home video formats we as consumers were bound to change because of those experiences and seeing how much money we've spent on obsolete equipment and video formats. Furthermore, as you get older, you get tighter with your money as retirement/fixed income and health issues look you straight in the eye every single day.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
It's because our expectations and circumstances has changed since those early days of home video. Through so many different home video formats we as consumers were bound to change because of those experiences and seeing how much money we've spent on obsolete equipment and video formats. Furthermore, as you get older, you get tighter with your money as retirement/fixed income and health issues look you straight in the eye every single day.

So true...every single word. I have become very selective in my purchases. Of these 4 fine films I'll probably purchase only one...Behold A Pale Horse...for its cast, director and composer.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Based on a book by one half of the Archers and with Gregory Peck in the leading role, Behold also features the work of Omar Sharif, Anthony Quinn and Maurice Jarre, together combatting withdrawal symptoms from Lawrence no doubt.

But the main reason I’ll be buying it is that I can’t bypass anything from Fred Zinnemann. This isn’t for me among his greatest works, but enjoyable just the same. Much as I love Gregory Peck, he seemed out of place as a Spanish Civil War hero.

Also interested in the other three titles as well.

Reactions: PMF

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Back when videotapes first became available, I remember they were priced for rental stores and not for consumer purchase ($100 or more is what I recall), and if you told me back then you could get an even superior product for around $30, I would have been ecstatic!

I never got into VHS (or Betamax). My first plunge into home video was the laser disc. But I distinctly remember going to dinner at a friend's house back in the day who had just bought a VHS player. He proudly whipped out his first purchase. A VHS tape of The Poseidon Adventure. His partner complained, "Can you believe he paid $100 for that!". Imagine paying $100 for a pan and scan Poseidon Adventure with a mediocre transfer and today, you can get The Poseidon Adventure in crisp hi definition in its original wide screen ratio for $10!

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I'll definitely have to upgrade The Chairman, as it's a title I had been expecting to come out from TT for a while (last time I inquired about it about a year ago, they were waiting for a HD transfer).

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
For a movie I really really want, $30 is a bargain. Hell, for blu rays of Dramma Della Gelosia, Lucy Gallant, Pepe, A Man Could Get Killed, The High And The Mighty, Where Were You When The Lights Out, Raintree County, You Can't Run Away From It, Curucu Beast Of The Amazon, The Tattered Dress, Le Diable Par La Queue, Gentlemen Marry Brunettes etc. I'd cough up between $50 to $75. :)

But I definitely get your point about blind buying.

Yes 30.00 blind buys isn't well advised, but for something I want, like Warlock, I already ordered it on TT's website :)
Even with Criterion I wouldn't spend over 20.00 for a blind buy - Im very cautious about spending money on movies that have a 50% shot on being on the shelf. I tend to stream if its available or rent from ClassicFlix dot com if they have the film in their library.

Also, speaking of VHS, because Im a HUGE Godzilla fan I went to tower records in the late 1980s and spend 40.00 for the VHS of The Terror of Mechagodzilla :D One of my first VHS tapes in my collection !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks