What's new

Ben Casey (1 Viewer)

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi All,

Someone with the YouTube name County General has begun uploading episodes of Ben Casey.
Episodes 1 and 2 were uploaded yesterday and hopefully more are on the way.
While the quality isn't out of this world, I'll take this great series anyway I can get it.
I now have 16 episodes total and hoping to add to this total.

John

ben.jpg

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi All,

For those of you interested, the YouTube subscriber County General continues to upload episodes of Ben Casey, doing so in chronological order. He/she has so far, uploaded a total of 8 episodes. They are from the Worldvision transfers,

John

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Thanks but already transferred mine over to DVD from my copies over a decade ago. I checked his postings and they are similar to the versions that I have, complete and not the sped up 46 minute syndication versions. Maybe a third generation but not terrible.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi All,

To those who are interested, YouTube member "County General" continues to upload episodes of Ben Casey in chronological order. He /she added another one yesterday. 13 episodes total so far.

John

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Hi All,

To those who are interested, YouTube member "County General" continues to upload episodes of Ben Casey in chronological order. He /she added another one yesterday. 13 episodes total so far.

John
With what picture quality? There's absolutely masses of material from movies and TV uploaded to YouTube, obviously in breach of copyright, and the picture quality is so awful that 99% is unwatchable.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi Robin,

They are of decent quality, taken from the Worldvision tapes and are not edited.
As for a breach of copyright, CBS doesn't seem to care at this point as there are many bootlegs of lesser quality being sold.
Go watch Ben Casey and see for yourself, Enjoy a good show with outstanding writing. ;)

John

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi All,

The Ben Casey episodes posted by County General are gone from YouTube.
On his/her site the following announcement was posted..."This account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted."
Really ?? How can CBS care ? There are a lot of inferior quality bootleg copies being sold on major websites and they are doing nothing to stop it.
Several of the first episodes posted, had well over a thousand views in just 3 months before being pulled.
Maybe CBS should take notice of this shows popularity and farm it out to another company for DVD distribution, even in its present tape format.
Luckily I saved all 13 episodes this poster put up.

John

Last edited:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Hi All,

The Ben Casey episodes posted by County General are gone from YouTube.
On his/her site the following announcement was posted..."This account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted."
Really ?? How can CBS care ? There are a lot of inferior quality bootleg copies being sold on major websites and they are doing nothing to stop it.
Several of the first episodes posted, had well over a thousand views in just 3 months before being pulled.
Maybe CBS should take notice of this shows popularity and farm it out to another company for DVD distribution, even in its present tape format.
Luckily I saved all 13 episodes this poster put up.

John
I blasted them over the same thing on The Beverly Hillbillies on their Facebook page before being banned. They pulled an episode I uploaded, and I went ballistic on them about if they were going to pull it, they needed to finish the series up on DVD. My episode was reinstated on YouTube (I later got ALL of them pulled and lost my account) without any fanfare other than being banned from ever posting again!

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Ron,

Again...I can't understand why Ben Casey was pulled, aside from YouTube's inconsistant copyright infringement policy.
Is CBS unaware of all the Ben Casey bootlegs being sold online on Amazon and eBay just to name a few ?

John

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
How many people are on youtube every day? Millions? Tens of millions? How many copies of 4th generation dubbed copies are the bootleggers selling? A few dozen if they're lucky. There's your answer. Posting copyrighted material for public consumption is still illegal, regardless of the justification that rights holders haven't commercially released the shows.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Neil,

I agree with your statement however, these Ben Casey bootleggers having been selling their wares right out in the open, for many years now without any legal ramifications. Check eBay and Amazon to name a few and see the responses from customers...quite a few have been sold...much more than a few dozen.
How can Amazon and eBay allow this to continue without fear of retribution from the rights holder ?
Where's CBS in this instance ?

John

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Neil,

I agree with your statement however, these Ben Casey bootleggers having been selling their wares right out in the open, for many years now without any legal ramifications. Check eBay and Amazon to name a few and see the responses from customers...quite a few have been sold...much more than a few dozen.
How can Amazon and eBay allow this to continue without fear of retribution from the rights holder ?
Where's CBS in this instance ?

John

My guess is that they don't have the time, money or inclination to go after every little crook that crawls out of the woodwork and is selling bad quality multi-generational DVDs. However youtube is much more visible and I'm sure much easier for them to put a stop to. All they have to is contact YT and put in a complaint and the offending material gets removed. Its much easier than chasing after the small time bootleggers.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Neil,

Good point...although an equally easy complaint to Amazon or eBay from CBS would stop the sale of bootleg copies there also.
On another related topic, its amazing the range of the reviews given for these bootleg copies. Some reviewers say great picture quality, while others say just the opposite, for the exact same item. Guess there's no accounting for some people's visual standards.
BTW...your avatar had an outstanding performance on a Ben Casey episode "I Remember A Lemon Tree." One of the few times, the character of Ben Casey is brought to tears.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks