What's new

An old client with new equipment (1 Viewer)

Agentbill008

Auditioning
Real Name
William
I have a client with a Sony R2500 receiver with a dual cassette player and 5 disc CD changer connected to their Xfinity cable box and I forget what the TV is. The audio is connected from the cable box to the stereo and the tv is connected via an HDMI cable. On the remote there is an "All Power" button that usually turns the TV and stereo on at the same time. Rarely do they turn off at the same time and sometimes either the tv or the stereo will turn on. The stereo does control the volume via the Xfinity remote control so I know that much is setup correctly.

My question is, is there a more reliable way or device that will consistently turn on and control the stereo and the television without costing a lot of money?

Thank you in advance.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hard to give any advice without a link to a manual where we can see all the available connections. A universal remote that can be programmed head-to-head will work, if the Sony has a remote control

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A Harmony universal remote control from Logitech should be able to control all the devices in the system. There are numerous different models available in a wide range of prices. The Harmony 650 I use to control our main home theater costs about $40 (check on Amazon).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks