What's new

How to Start a Marvel 4K/HDR collection (1 Viewer)

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
So I have been wanting to get the various Marvel Universe movies (or at least most of them) on Blu-Ray.

I done a bunch of browsing on Amazon. I see various options. There are the individual movies.

There are a few collections out there:
https://smile.amazon.com/Avengers-C...ray+4K+marvel&qid=1558354658&s=gateway&sr=8-9

There is also an Iron Man Steelbook 4K collection, but it looks pricey, or out of print at $99
https://smile.amazon.com/Trilogy-Li...n+steelbook&qid=1558354936&s=movies-tv&sr=1-1

Other collections appear to be just Blue Ray. The same with the Marvel Studios Collection Phase 1/2/3 box sets.

So with very few exceptions, its going to be pick up the individual titles?

Is Atmos on 4K/HDR discs by default, or do I have to fish through the releases?

Any opinions on the value of the pricier Steelbook editions?

Last edited:

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
If I were starting from scratch, I would join the Disney Movie Club. After one full price title, the rest could be had at significant discount (50%+ off). Yes, single titles. And not all are currently available in 4K so you could wait or do it piecemeal if there are other things you want.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
If I were starting from scratch, I would join the Disney Movie Club. After one full price title, the rest could be had at significant discount (50%+ off). Yes, single titles. And not all are currently available in 4K so you could wait or do it piecemeal if there are other things you want.

With a brief look at the sign up I can't d see any information on media details when selecting... I'll keep at it.

Yeah I went through and there is only Blu-ray vs DVD selection.

Last edited:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Just to let you know those box sets you listed are from the UK. The Iron Man films haven't even been released in 4K in the US yet.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
With a brief look at the sign up I can't d see any information on media details when selecting... I'll keep at it.

Yeah I went through and there is only Blu-ray vs DVD selection.

DMC would be an excellent possibility IF you have at least 6 (preferably 8) regular BD or DVD from Disney that you want/need.

Once you meet your required 2 full priced items (assuming you use the optimal sign up code) you will receive a special one-time us offer B1 at regular price, get all other items at 60% off. There are also B1G50 or 60% offers available all the time. The newest promo codes even provide Free Shipping on everything for the duration of your membership.

As of right now, there are 10 Marvel 4K available to buy with Captain Marvel coming soon. If rumors are correct the Iron Man Trilogy and Thor 1 and 2 may be released in 4K by the end of the summer probably at or near Endgame. No word on Doctor Strange, Ant-man 1 and Guardians 1 4K releases yet, though DS would most likely be around the sequel.

Assuming you buy all 11 at once and don't wait for the Aug/Sept items -- $35 + ($14 x10). 11 4K packs at less than $16 ea including the Digital Codes that the International sets don't have seems to be a pretty strong contender unless you want to hold out for some colossal superpack.

The German Iron Man 4Ks have not been particularly well reviewed. Unknown if the US sets will be better.
Most all will have Atmos soundtracks though you'll have to read and listen to decide if they are acceptable.

Last edited:

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
This is exactly what I have been doing as they release 4K versions at the DMC. It takes a month or three after they are initially released for the price to go from being on sale for $29.99 to being available to add to your cart for $17.97 each after you add one to your cart for the full price of $34.99. I wait until I have five or six in my cart. These days with all the Marvel movies, it happens pretty fast. It helps my cart as well that I also like most of the Disney live-action remakes of their animated films.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you wait for a 60% off month the $29.99 ones go for $12. I usually wait until I have 4 or 5 on my want list and then wait for a 60% off month.

None of the discount eligible 4K titles are $30 though, but the title and 1st Post is confusing me as to which items are wanted. edit: I forgot Avengers: Infinity War is 29.95

If you just want the Blurays you could make a full enrollment cycle with 9 Marvel BD for $82. Actually you could do 2 full enrollments and get all current 18 titles for 164 and just have to fill in Cap Marvel and Endgame

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Another option, if you do not want to go the Disney Movie Club route, is to wait for the holidays, as a lot of the Marvel back catalog stuff goes on sale then. Last holiday season, I picked up the UHD versions of Black Panther, Ant-Man 2, Avengers: Infinity War and Thor:Ragnarok for about $15 each.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Thanks for the feedback.

This definitely seems the way to go. I just remembered the Star Wars movies are with the Mouse too.

Last edited:

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Trying to find optimal signup codes. I found a 5 for $1 link..

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/disneymovieclub/

is a post saying this, which looks like what you mean.

Posted by
u/Cmterry1

1 day ago

Discount code for Disney movie club
renderTimingPixel.png

Use this link http://fbuy.me/mHfey and you'll get 5 movies for $1 instead of only 4 then click on "have a promo code?" under the "choose your movies" button and enter 55218 that will lower your full price purchase commitment from 5 to 3 and give you free shipping, also a free Incredibles 2 blanket. or use 61749 for the same deal but with a Coco blanket instead. Also, you'll get a chance to buy 2 additional movies at a reduced cost with your initial order, one of them will count to your 3 movie commitment agreement leaving you only 2 full price movies to buy to fulfill your contract.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Thanks All, On My Way

BD-PRINCE OF PERSIA: 1-DISC
BDC-PRINCE CASPIAN (W/DVD)
BDC-LION, WTCH & WRDRB (W/DVD)
BDC-NS-US-TOY STORY W/DHD
BDC-NS-US-TOY STORY 2 W/DHD
BDC-US-THE INCREDIBLES W/DHD
BDC-US-WALL-E W/DIGITAL HD

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Trying to find optimal signup codes. I found a 5 for $1 link..

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/disneymovieclub/

is a post saying this, which looks like what you mean.

The 55218 code is one of two current excellent codes along with the 61749 code-- better up front, as few as 2 commitment after the original enrollment pack AND permanent Free Shipping

Note the Reddit post has a Referral Link which is giving that poster a bunch of Free Movies (2 for each person that signs up directly through his link) though if too many people use it, he;s likely to get suspended or banned since it's not really supposed to used in that way.

Check the DMC thread here which I think I try to keep the best codes somewhere on the current page. Better, start with the BLU-ray.com master thread with post 1 and 2 which has the best FAQ known
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

The signup site is confusing b/c of the way it's designed -- you don't really know which are DVD and which are BD untill you click through the first Confirmation/Submit. The Bonus items are offered until after you enter and submit your User Email/PW/Shipping and Billing info and click to join. You are then offered 10 minutes to choose 1 or 2 items from a selection of 45-50 items. You can actually choose any of the 250 enrollment eligible titles as a bonus, but you may have to chat/call and have them manually change/add it if what you want isn't one of their selections -- you have 6-12 hrs while the order is processing that you can make some changes. I STRONGLY suggest choosing at least the 1st bonus since it essentially counts as a 40-60% discounted 1st Commitment title -- choose something online you could live with and then call immediately to change it to something you'd rather have.

Last edited:

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
OK, minor question. So I am signed up and have 2 left in the commitment. Can I now get anything (4K) that is offered for the commitment, or do I have to fulfill on regular BD?

Right now I am seeing a B1G40% offer ...

But after putting a couple 4Ks in even with 40% off super saver Infinity War, it seems I should just use cheap BDs to fulfill then wait for the B1G60% offer as you guys are mentioning...

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
OK, minor question. So I am signed up and have 2 left in the commitment. Can I now get anything (4K) that is offered for the commitment, or do I have to fulfill on regular BD?

Right now I am seeing a B1G40% offer ...

But after putting a couple 4Ks in even with 40% off super saver Infinity War, it seems I should just use cheap BDs to fulfill then wait for the B1G60% offer as you guys are mentioning...

Anything that is 19.95 or above without a Customer Discount should be commitment eligible.

Personally I think fulfilling with cheaper items is the smartest choice IF you want those titles -- 19.95 titles are perfect or pretty much any of the 24.95 exclusives. I try never to use the 40% offers since once you are VIP level 50% is the lowest discount offered.

About a week after your account posts your commitments you should receive a one time use bonus offer B1G60 off the rest which would be my suggest (it will appear as an optional offer under you SEE ALL OFFERS dropdown and at worst is good through the end of the year (and probably even afterwards). If you are aiming to get 5-10-15 4K titles at one time, the 60% offer seems to be you best choice,.

If you are aiming for a smaller group of 2-3-4 titles then the numbers can be a bit closer,

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Here is a separate question.

Availability of Extras on the 4K versions.

Are they including everything or are there some very interesting things which didn't make if off of other releases (DBD/BD/Steelcase/etc.)?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven't sat down and ticked off all the boxes, but pretty much most of teh BD discs are the same discs released in the original sets (for the re-releases). I think there may be some things missing or ported to the Digital copy esp for those titles that were originally made pre-Disney takeover. I'm 99% sure there were some releases with an extra bonus disc that the 2nd dsic was removed even on the later BDs (at keast one or more of the Iron Man discs)

Most of the extras would be on the BD. I'm not sure they added any old or new extras to the UHD disc itself

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks