What's new

20000 Leagues Under The Sea and In Search of the Castaways — DMC Exclusives Coming Soon (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Disney Movie Club – 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954) Blu-ray
Rather than put this in the exclusive thread I think this deserves it’s own thread. DMR Coming soon section now showing 2 titles that surely nobody can complain too much about — though I know better.
Release Date is TBA, but most likely possible date 6/18 given that it’s slotted ahead of Cinderella Signature release
Details are non existent, but I wouldn’t expect a comprehensive release with a lot of extras (or any).
Let the complaints begin
20000leaguesunderthesea1558457062344.jpg

Disney Movie Club – In Search of the Castaways (1962) Blu-ray
castaways1558457108528.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yay!

There are obviously still titles they haven't released yet that I want -- but no complaints from me on this at all. The fact that they've finally (finally) got around to doing these two means they're still committed to releasing things they h aven't released yet, and Disney+ doesn't appear to be stopping this line. That's fantastic.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Great news

Question for David Norman. Are Exclusives eligible for VIP discounts in their initial offering?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great news

Question for David Norman. Are Exclusives eligible for VIP discounts in their initial offering?

As in eligible for B1 G40-50-60% offers? Yes -- at least I can't think of one that was not eligible immediately

Enrollment eligibility -- almost all the regular exclusives aren't eligible for the new enrollment package for the 1st 60 days. They do qualify as commitment/fulfillment items at full priced or can be eligible for the %off offers immediately

Last edited:

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I'll bet there is an extra for 20,000. I would expect (although I'm often wrong) Operation Undersea -the making of or as was called when it aired on WW Disney - the long long trailer.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
As in eligible for B1 G40-50-60% offers? Yes -- at least I can't think of one that was never eligible

Enrollment eligibility -- almost all the regular exclusives aren't eligible for the new enrollment package for the 1st 60 days. They do qualify as commitment/fulfillment items at full priced or can be eligible for the %off offers immediately

Hi David, PM sent.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Do you have to subscribe to the Disney Movie Club to get this? I don’t like clubs like that.

Pretty much, Ebay scalper which I suspect this item will be high dollar, or grab a buddy who already is a member.
The problem with too many friends is that DMC doesn't approve or allow people to buy 15 of a title and pretty much limit a member to 3 or 4 total (and cumulatively over time even over multiple accts)

I understand people have had issues with Negative Response Clubs, but DMC has a rather high Satisfaction rate and makes it as customer friendly as possible. You just have to do your homework ahead of time to grab the optimum promotional codes and understand what your requirements are. I know a lot of people who grab 8 or 9 items in 2weeks for $60-80, then cancel -- in/out/done. Then rejoin a month/6 months/year later and do the same. There is no minimum time you have to stay a member

Unfortunately Ron is one of the few who had issues even when doing what he was supposed to do. 95% of issues I've heard about over the last 4-5-6 years are from people who think and can order 5 for $1, refuse to buy their contracted 2-3 items, refuse to decline the Feature Titles, and ignore everything else -- then get ticked off when Disney gets mean.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Disney Movie Club - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954) Blu-ray

Rather than put this in the exclusive thread I think this deserves it's own thread. DMR Coming soon section now showing 2 titles that surely nobody can complain too much about -- though I know better.

Release Date is TBA, but most likely possible date 6/18 given that it's slotted ahead of Cinderella Signature release

Details are non existent, but I wouldn't expect a comprehensive release with a lot of extras (or any).

Let the complaints begin

20000leaguesunderthesea1558457062344.jpg

Disney Movie Club - In Search of the Castaways (1962) Blu-ray

castaways1558457108528.jpg
YESSSSSSS :dance::drum::banana::dancing-banana-04::popcorn::welcome::cheers:
I'm hoping it's a new scan of 20,000 Leagues IMdb says it was released in 4-track stereo (I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron ;)) but I remember it having directional audio when I saw it on a re-release in my Yoot ... I let me tell you it was a whale of a tale!

One of my favorite childhood LPs
main_1522950670-Vintage-1963-Walt-Disney-20000-Leagues-Under-The-Sea-Vinyl-Record-Album-PristineAuction.com.jpg

I couldn't wait to see the film :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks