What's new

Pre-Order Batman 4 Film Collection (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
239927_large.jpg

81bP8LwjgrL._SL1500_.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Given that this set just packages the same 4 discs that'll be available in June, it still seems odd to me that it comes out months after the individual releases.

If it had some unique content, then I'd understand. Get purchases from people too impatient to wait in June and then sell them again in September.

But why wait 3 months just to put out a box with the same content? :blink:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It's an evil genius strategy.

The retail price on the singles is about $40 each, so they'll street around $25 - or $100 for all four.

The retail price on the box set is $90, so it'll street around $60.

Basically, they're counting on making extra money from people who would rather pay more now for just the films they want instead of waiting to get the full set for less.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

The retail price on the singles is about $40 each, so they'll street around $25 - or $100 for all four.

Basically, they're counting on making extra money from people who would rather pay more now for just the films they want instead of waiting to get the full set for less.

Agreed.
I cancelled my preorder of the individual titles because of the math. I can wait to pay less for the set. I do want all 4 films as well.

I saw that the audio includes Dolby atoms and that it has been remixed for home theater. Interesting.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Okay, I guess that makes sense. Still think they'd sell more if they did the box first and individual later, though.

That's how it's usually done!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I would get the first two films on UHD if they'd package them together, or I'd get them separately if the package weren't so ugly. A nice steelbook edition with the movie poster art would be nice. I don't need the Schumacher films, as I am sure I will never watch them again.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am waiting for a price drop on the first two films, so the timing of the 4-film box set is irrelevant to me. I have no desire to see the Schumacher films ever again.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Agreed.
I cancelled my preorder of the individual titles because of the math. I can wait to pay less for the set. I do want all 4 films as well.

Same. Also, June is a massively expensive physical media month for me and I needed to find some breathing room in the budget. I can totally wait until the Fall and be perfectly happy getting all four for $60-ish.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I saw that the audio includes Dolby atoms and that it has been remixed for home theater. Interesting.

This is my main reason for wanting to get these. I personally think that Warner's Atmos remixes of their classic titles such as Blade Runner & Superman are better than the Atmos tracks on many current titles.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Okay, I guess that makes sense. Still think they'd sell more if they did the box first and individual later, though.

That's how it's usually done!

I think the math basically boils down to, a customer picking up just the two Keaton movies will pay as much for those as a customer buying the box set. So if Warner can get people to give them just as much money for half the product, why not?

I don’t love the last two movies, but I’m not opposed to having them in my collection in a box set. But it seems that some others would be willing to pay a premium to just not have them in their house at all.

It’s an unusual strategy for sure but I think it kinda sorta makes sense in that evil genius way.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I think the math basically boils down to, a customer picking up just the two Keaton movies will pay as much for those as a customer buying the box set. So if Warner can get people to give them just as much money for half the product, why not?

I don’t love the last two movies, but I’m not opposed to having them in my collection in a box set. But it seems that some others would be willing to pay a premium to just not have them in their house at all.

It’s an unusual strategy for sure but I think it kinda sorta makes sense in that evil genius way.

Yeah, maybe. WB must've decided it's gonna be more profitable or they wouldn't do it.

It's just the opposite of the usual pattern. Heck, there are still plenty of boxed sets that never got individual releases in the US - still no separate versions of the "Back to the Future" Blu-rays, and except for "Fallen Kingdom", you can't get any "Jurassic" movies outside of that box!

At least when WB did the "Matrix" flicks last year, "big box" and individual titles streeted the same day...

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
BTW, reviews of these should pop up very soon.

WB sent out my review copies today, and I should have them in hand tomorrow...

Great!!!

I enjoy all of these films. I watch them at least once a year.
Much more than the Nolan films which I listed on eBay a while back.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Great!!!

I enjoy all of these films. I watch them at least once a year.
Much more than the Nolan films which I listed on eBay a while back.

I'm a much bigger fan of the Nolans - I think those are splendid.

I loved "Batman" in 1989 and still enjoy it as well as "Returns", but after the Nolans, they don't work as well for me.

"Forever" isn't terrible, but it's aged poorly and I like it less and less with every viewing.

"B&R"? In its defense, it's better than "Superman IV"! :D

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck

I think its fantastic and it really helps us as consumers.

It artificially inflates overall sales (specifically because of the Schumacher films) since they will get purchased more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks