What's new

Physical Media Issue: Crutchfield wades in (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
6C0F08EF-0E8D-4AC7-8A24-4079EC859AF8.png

Endgadget Article

Just popped up on my FB feed. Crutchfield asks users if they prefer digital or physical media citing a Engadget article (from Feb 2019).

With the discussions still raging nowadays on the issue, here’s another. And no I’m not saying physical media will come roaring back anytime soon. But the issue of digital landlords taking away paid-for digital purchases is coming to the fore.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
View attachment 58934

Endgadget Article

Just popped up on my FB feed. Crutchfield asks users if they prefer digital or physical media citing a Engadget article (from Feb 2019).

With the discussions still raging nowadays on the issue, here’s another. And no I’m not saying physical media will come roaring back anytime soon. But the issue of digital landlords taking away paid-for digital purchases is coming to the fore.

My 2 cents: physical all the way!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That article is exaggerating some situations to grab the reader. I have heard of no incidents of anyone losing a title they had via the old UltraViolet system since it shutdown if the person followed the instructions for making sure their accounts were properly linked. And the closure of Filmstruck did not result in anyone losing something purchased, since it was a subscription service -- and has since been replaced with the new Criterion streaming service.

We've had this discussion over and over again here. There are pros and cons to both disc ownership and digital streaming libraries -- as well as streaming subscription services. Those people who eschew one for the other are missing out.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
This is old news for folks like us who follow forums/articles of this types.

It might be "news" for this person's followers who are not hardcore into optical discs, downloads, etc ....

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
8b48d7d0ce5786852a49454b860531dc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508