What's new

Rotten Tomatoes Audience Scores Now Counts Verified Ticket Buyers (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't think they'll ONLY count those reviews. My reading from the article at EW seems like they're adding "verified" badges to reviewers who are confirmed ticket buyers, but all visitors will still be able to post reviews, as always.

All visitors to the Rotten Tomatoes site will be able to post reviews and ratings, but now it will be easier to tell the difference between genuine opinions and trolls.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/23/rotten-tomatoes-introduces-verified-audience-reviews/

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
My reading is that the default view is verified but you will be able to select to view all if wanted.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The system is now live for Aladdin. They are working it like they do for top critics and all critics where you can switch between the two. Aladdin is currently at 90% verified with 77 reviews and at 80% with all audience with 510 reviews.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I rarely trust reviews and especially the 'star' rating system,which is meaningless .One reviewer's 5 star rating is another person's 1 star rating. It is time that the star system was laid to rest. People will see a film if they really want to and disregard all reviews and star ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks