What's new

Studio Canal's UK Releases of They Live and Escape From New York in 4K UHD (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Consume...

IMG_0964.jpg

Can't say that I care too much for the cover art on either of them, but I'm looking forward to screening these!!!

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I don't think They Live would be covered by a Studio Canal deal. That's a Universal title here.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
We're going to watch They Live this evening. It wasn't an easy decision. ;)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I hope you didn't steal Kino's thunder as they have a big announcement schedule for Saturday and Sunday for two new 4K titles with brand new restorations along with a Studio Canal connection.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4743789/

Wishing everyone a happy Memorial Day weekend.

Check the KLSC Facebook and Twitter pages for 2 New Announcements this Saturday and Sunday at 11:00AM.

Both are brand new 4K restorations and both are from our current Studio Canal deal.

https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorberStudioClassics/
https://twitter.com/KLStudioClassic

View attachment 58976

If I'm missing something I guess we'll find out @ 11am but their post only specifically mentions 4k restorations not 4k releases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If I'm missing something I guess we'll find out @ 11am but their post only specifically mentions 4k restorations not 4k releases.
I missed something as one of the titles announced today on FB was "The Day of the Dolphin" from a new 4K transfer. The other title will be announced tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. ET on FB.

Coming Soon!
A Brand New 4K Master!

The Day of the Dolphin (1973) Starring George C. Scott, Trish Van Devere, Paul Sorvino, John Dehner, Edward Hermann & Fritz Weaver - Shot by William A. Fraker (Bullitt, Gator) - Music by Georges Delerue (Julia, True Confessions) - Written by Buck Henry (Catch-22, Candy) - Directed by Mike Nichols (The Graduate, Silkwood).

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
I missed something as one of the titles announced today on FB was "The Day of the Dolphin" from a new 4K transfer. The other title will be announced tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. ET on FB.

Coming Soon!
A Brand New 4K Master!

The Day of the Dolphin (1973) Starring George C. Scott, Trish Van Devere, Paul Sorvino, John Dehner, Edward Hermann & Fritz Weaver - Shot by William A. Fraker (Bullitt, Gator) - Music by Georges Delerue (Julia, True Confessions) - Written by Buck Henry (Catch-22, Candy) - Directed by Mike Nichols (The Graduate, Silkwood).

What was Sunday's announcement?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What was Sunday's announcement?
Coming Soon!
Brand New 4K Master!

Winter Kills (1979) Starring Jeff Bridges, John Huston, Anthony Perkins, Eli Wallach, Sterling Hayden, Dorothy Malone, Tomas Milian, Belinda Bauer, Ralph Meeker, Toshirô Mifune, Richard Boone, Brad Dexter, Joe Spinell, Tisa Farrow, Camilla Sparv, Erin Gray & Elizabeth Taylor - Shot by Vilmos Zsigmond (The Long Goodbye, Close Encounters of the Third Kind) - Music by Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia) - Based on a Book by Richard Condon (Prizzi's Honor, The Manchurian Candidate) - Written and Directed by William Richert (A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks