What's new

In-Wall Ported Vs Sealed subs for home theater (1 Viewer)

billwhitt

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill Whittenberger
Kind of a novice looking to build a home theater. Very limited space will require me to go in wall and ceiling with the speakers.
I was looking at the sonance R12SUB as it has a frequency response down to 25Hz, the lowest I can find for an in-wall sub.
I was thinking 2 of these in the front of the room. (Also will be using sonance reference series for the front 3 speakers behind a projection screen, in ceiling for the rear, and either wall or ceiling for the surround.

Room is 18x13 and I am working with the 13 feet from front wall to back. I would love to flip the room the other way but I can't.

So the question is which is better; 2 ported in wall subs at 30Hz or 2 sealed at 25? Or am I looking at this wrong?

Also, one of the reasons I am doing sonance is because I get excellent dealer pricing that I do not get on other brands. I have used sonance in the past and have been please with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks