What's new

Super Bowls- any video companies releasing them? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Shout Factory has complete World Series packages (I have the 2016 Cubs/Indians BluRay set- a nice set). Does anyone know if a company has complete Super Bowl games on BluRay? I looked at nfl.com and all I saw was highlight packages, not whole games from the broadcast.

Thanks.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
No.

No one has them for release.
I’ve written to nfl on their website and twitter and a small handful of other contacts that I found.

Not one reply.

I can’t beleive they wouldn’t want to sell these games.

LII would sell an unimaginable number to Eagles fans alone.
The version NFL network airs is edited for time so it isn’t the entire game.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The NFL did release some edited games on DVD years ago but not any longer. The NFL I would note was also the last of the major sports leagues to even so much as allow rebroadcasts of vintage game telecasts because the NFL in general does not respect the legacy of their telecast material. They believe NFL Films did everything best and thus they have always minimized the importance of telecasts.

Keep in mind that the NFL has singlehandedly been responsible for why we will never see the only extant copy of Super Bowl I because they wouldn't give the person whose family recorded the CBS telecast on U-matic (or whatever format it was) in 1967 the proper compensation they were entitled to. So consequently, rather than make a fair deal that would let the public see it, they lowballed him, he said no, and the NFL gave him and the fans the middle finger by deciding that all we should see is......more NFL Films material and to hell with the telecast.

Every Super Bowl telecast from Super Bowl III on is accounted for in the hobby of collectors. You'll have to figure out your own method of getting hold of those.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
No.

No one has them for release.
I’ve written to nfl on their website and twitter and a small handful of other contacts that I found.

Not one reply.

I can’t beleive they wouldn’t want to sell these games.

LII would sell an unimaginable number to Eagles fans alone.
The version NFL network airs is edited for time so it isn’t the entire game.
This is exactly why I was asking- for the Eagles Super Bowl victory. I have the game on my satellite DVR, but would rather have physical media. My friend who still lives near Philly has a birthday coming up, and I wanted to surprise him
by nailing him a BluRay Of The game. Hard to understand why baseball releases recent World Series on video, and the NFL chooses not to
(in some issues, they come across as wanting to disconnect themselves from fans).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
MLB I would note only releases the previous year's World Series now. They used to release vintage ones but not any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks