What's new

Harmon and Kardon avr 700 (1 Viewer)

Raphael Serrano

Auditioning
Real Name
Raphael Serrano
Everytime i watch a movie after approximately 1 hour the receiver shuts off with no notifications on display. Has anyone know about this problem??
Thanks, Raymond

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Most of the time that's due to the receiver going into protection mode from overheating. Is it well ventilated?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That makes it more difficult. Are you playing it loud? Does it shut down during passages with a lot of bass effects?

Raphael Serrano

Auditioning
Real Name
Raphael Serrano
That makes it more difficult. Are you playing it loud? Does it shut down during passages with a lot of bass effects?
Normal volume watching movies with low subwoofer volume. I was told it's a power supply problem with overheating capacitors

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't know. I'm at a loss, and nobody else is chiming in. Have you ever timed it to see if it turns off at the exact same time since you turned it on? Maybe the receiver is just dying. There is one thing you can try, though it kind of a pain. You never said what model the receiver is. If it was from a home theater in a box that came with different speakers, that could be it. Anyway, there is probably a factory reset procedure for it, which you can run. That will reset everything and you'll have to set it up again, so that's kind of a last ditch effort.

Raphael Serrano

Auditioning
Real Name
Raphael Serrano
I don't know. I'm at a loss, and nobody else is chiming in. Have you ever timed it to see if it turns off at the exact same time since you turned it on? Maybe the receiver is just dying. There is one thing you can try, though it kind of a pain. You never said what model the receiver is. If it was from a home theater in a box that came with different speakers, that could be it. Anyway, there is probably a factory reset procedure for it, which you can run. That will reset everything and you'll have to set it up again, so that's kind of a last ditch effort.
I bought it from PC Richard. My other reciever Denon the left rear blew out and I had it serviced. He checked out all satellite speakers and confirmed no shorts . I put my ohmmeter on all wires and detected no shorts either. I'm totally baffled on this. I'm taking the receiver to a service lab and he'll tell me what happened. The reciever is a Harmon and Kardon Avr 700 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks