What's new

RIP Peter Allan Fields (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Veteran TV writer (and former lawyer) Peter Allan Fields passed away earlier this week. He had a long career writing for TV, starting with The Man From UNCLE, and going through Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. He wrote, among many others, TNG's much-loved The Inner Light episode, and two DS9 fan-favorites, Duet and In The Pale Moonlight.

I always enjoyed his work, and will continue to do so as I rewatch the episode with his contributions from my favorite shows.

https://www.startrek.com/news/peter...-CyIpx8DfQg-CERlxXSjAPYJ5ZW46-_lTpTSFFi3dKkBI

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Mr. Fields was one of those writers who produced solid television scripts for decades and somehow stayed under the radar. "The Minus X Affair" from The Man From U.N.C.L.E and "The Seven Million Dollar Man" from The Six Million Dollar Man are both favorites of mine from both series. He had a real gift for dialogue and making the characters have real motivations. His teleplay for "Half A Life" on Star Trek TNG made Lwaxana Troi into a well rounder character and not a one note joke anymore. And I can't stress the brilliance of the first season Star Trek DS9 episode "Duet". That still resonates with me today. I wish there was a nice long segment with him on the What We Left Behind doc. Maybe on the bonus section on the release I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks